Part 3

"You look gloomy for someone who recently become a celebrity," Keito stands in front his now famous employee.

"Okamoto-san," Yabu stands up and humbly bows to the company's founder. "It's all thanks to you."

"The effort is yours Yabu," the young president pats Yabu's right shoulder. "You're very talented. I made the right decision to recruit you."

Yabu smiles. If it wasn't for Keito, he may not be where he is now.

Breaking up with Kei was not easy for him. He felt like he lost part of himself. Kei was his soul, his everything. His world turns dark. Yabu hung his guitar and started finding a job. But given his age and his minimum qualification no one would hire him. He couldn't afford to live in the studio apartment anymore. Yabu terminated the apartment's lease with heavy heart, painfully walk out from the place where all the beautiful memories with Kei took place.

He was desperate. After much effort, Yabu eventually landed a job as a waiter at a bar. Fortunate for him the place provided hostel for its employees. Yabu steadily do his job, slowly be in the owner's favour with his hardworking and pleasant attitude.

With Yabu's suggestions, the owner changed the dull bar's interior into a trendy one. He came up with the idea of four seasons decoration for their four walls- in which the drinks and snacks are customized to match the themes. It became a hot topic on social media. The place immediately became the town's sensation, especially for younger people who are thirsty for SNS content.

And that's how Keito and Yabu met.

Yabu's raw talent impressed Keito. He who just ventured in interior designing business offered Yabu to work with him. Not only Keito paid for Yabu's new rented apartment's deposit, he also encouraged Keito to attend part time classes to polish his skills. Yabu accepted the offer, and with them working together their business slowly flourished.

If only I have taken work seriously at that time, Kei would still be with me.

"Takaki-san is extremely pleased with your job. He's thinking of having you to take a look at his office," says Keito. "That's where the big shots gather. This is your chance!"

"I'm thinking of taking a break after this event," Yabu was referring to Takaki's wedding. "It's too much for me."

"Understandable, organizing such big wedding can be overwhelming."

"Yeah... very overwhelming," Yabu speaks, avoiding eye contact. "In fact, it's suffocating."

"Sounds very personal," Keito catches on the man's gloomy intonation. "Did something happened between you and the client?"

"No, nothing," Yabu lies. "Sorry, I was just venting out. My first big event, too many media attention, having to keep up with the expectation... you know..."

Keito just reply with a nod. He browses the taller man's table, noticing that the photos on the desk frame is different compared to last week.

"Where's your girlfriend's photo?"

Yabu a little startled. He never thought anyone would pay attention to the pictures. "We broke up," he tries to cover up.

"I see..." Keito didn't asks any further. He doesn't want to intrude his employee's personal life, although the 'break up' is quite surprising as Keito knows how much Yabu loves the lady.

He puts on his coat. "Don't forget your meeting with Takaki-san tonight," Keito reminds before he steps out the office. "And Yabu, call me if you need any help."

Yabu watches as his employer leaves. He slowly opens a small drawer at the right side of his desk. There it is, a candid photo of Kei that he took just a day before they separated. Yabu touches the picture. Kei's gentle smile while posing with his guitar- who would have thought that would be their last time together. Yabu would do anything to go back to that time. He wants to hold Kei in his arms again. He would tell her how much she meant to him. He would do anything, as long as they are together.