Chapter 1: Wholesome

*Suga's POV*

"Y/N! Can you get the door?" A muffled voice, I assume to be Kageyama, shouted from inside the house.

"Lazyyyy," Y/N's singsong voice replied.

I chuckled at the goofy siblings as the door swung open, revealing Y/N's bright smiling face.

"KOUSHIII!" She cried, springing forward and engulfing me in a tight hug. I wrapped my arms around her petite frame, embracing the back of her head with one hand. Tangling my fingers into her dark locks, I rested my head on top of hers and rubbed her back in a soothing manor.

It's not as boney as before... I can barely feel her spine poking out now.

"I've missed my Sugamama," she snuggled closer to my chest.

Releasing my grip, I gave her a light bonk on top of the head.

"Ouchie," she whined, rubbing the spot I hit. "Koushi! What was that for?!"

"You saw me three days ago!" I argued, incapable of holding back my laughter.

"Yeah... but with the pandemic, I don't get to see you as much!" She stared up at me with her big blue puppy dog eyes and puffy pouted lips.

I love the sweet little girl, but sometimes she's a bit too overdramatic... honestly, it just made her more adorable though.

"Hey! Are you abusing my girlfriend?!" I heard a holler from inside the house.

I yelped, leaping away from Y/N as soon as I heard the threatening voice of our small, but fierce libero.

Nishinoya came skirting around the corner and snatched Y/N's hand, trying to whisk her away. But instead, Y/N reached out for my hand as well and together we were dragged inside.

I headed towards the kitchen, but came to a halt when I felt a light tug on the sleeve of my jacket. "What's in the bag?" Y/N tilted her head to the side with a puzzled look.

Her eyes bored into mine as she awaited a response. "Guess you'll just have to find out," I smirked and walked back off to the kitchen, placing my bag on the counter.

"Koushi!" she yelled angrily. I peeked back at her over my shoulder. Her eyebrows were scrunched together and her arms crossed over her chest... and BOY did she look identical to her brother.

Nishinoya came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her neck, giving her a quick peck on the cheek. "Calm down girly," he cooed. Immediately responding to his touch, Y/N relaxed into his embrace.

And then there's Kageyama... who casually strolled over, gave her an approving pat on the head and said, "thatta girl."

Sigh. Typical Kageyama...

"Hey kiddo!" I called out. "Why don't you come over and help me out?"

I heard her little feet pad against the floor as she skipped over.

Skidding to a stop, she purposefully slid into me. Bumping our hips and throwing me off balance, I glanced down at her grinning face. Giving her a light hip bump back, ensuring I wouldn't knock her over, the gleeful sounds of her giggle rang through my ears once again.

"Alright silly one." In one swift move, I picked her up by the waist and set her on the countertop.

One by one I removed the contents from my backpack. Flour. Sugar. Brown Sugar. Vanilla. Baking soda. Chocolate chips.

"Hey I thought you were coming over to play volleyball?" Y/N questioned, her smile dropping as she stared at the ingredients.

"After," I informed her. "But first, we make cookies. Today's your challenge day, remember?"