Chapter 4: Pick up

*Y/N's POV*

I tried to get to sleep by 11pm last night... a decent hour for once, but between overworking myself in volleyball and then my... um... actions after dinner, the tangle of chaotic thoughts kept me awake until 4am instead. I didn't know why any of it happened really and I feel as if I ruined the amazing progress I had been making. I especially feel guilty for how my actions affected the boys. I never wanted to hurt them or worry them as much as I did.

At 9am, Tobio tried to wake me for breakfast, but instead I decided to be stubborn and moody, rolling over and clenching the thin sheets tighter around my body. I was in no mood to deal with drama this early in the morning. But clearly he didn't get the memo. He poked at my face a couple times and progressively called my name louder in attempt to wake me. But after I smacked his hand away and pulled the covers over my head, he had finally given up. Now 12pm, I decided it was about time to start my day.

Yet here I am. Still lying in bed. Exhausted. No desire to leave my bed for today. Wanting to just avoid all my problems by isolating in my room and avoiding the messiness I call my life.

Unfortunately that plan was demolished when someone burst through my door, scaring me half death. In one quick motion, the intruder dove onto my bed, causing me to scream.

"Hey princess, it's after noon now. Don't you think it's about time to wake up?" Nishinoya planted a kiss on my cheek from behind me.

I groaned in response, "Just leave me alone. I don't wanna leave my bed today."

It was silent for a moment. "Okay. I can work with that. I'll be right back."

And as quickly as he came, he left.
Alrighty then... he never fails to surprise me.

About 20 minutes later he came bursting back through my bedroom door, a proud, goofy smile plastered across his handsome face. In his hands he carefully balanced a platter with a variety of breakfast foods. "If you don't wanna leave you're room, you don't have to. We can just take rest and recovery and enjoy our day in bed!"

I stared at him blankly, blinking a few times in confusion before coming up with a response. Honestly, I didn't know what to think of this. Rest is a foreign concept to me... but hey maybe it'll give me some more energy and motivation to do something later at least.

Yuu gently set the platter down on my floral comforter before snatching my laptop and crawling under the sheets next to me. "So what're we watching?" He asked, passing me the laptop, Disney plus already loaded.

"You seen Encanto yet?" I asked.

"Nope," he responded.

"Aight that's what we watching then." I queued your the movie, balanced the laptop between us and leaned back into Yuu. I draped an arm over his torso and laid my head on his chest.

"Hey hey wait, don't get too comfy yet. You still gotta eat, baby," he said in a soft tone, attempting to prop my head back up.

"Hmmph," I let out a grumpy, exasperated sigh. Was very not up to it, but after my failed attempts last night... I gotta try a little harder. I don't wanna disappoint him again.

He carefully lifted me back up into a sitting position and soothingly combed my hair between his fingers a few times to calm me down. Looking into my eyes, he spoke in a hushed tone, "Hey, you got this. I'll be right here." I felt myself melt inside at the comfort of his touch and his words.

I shifted my attention to the platter of food, scanning for the safest or easiest food for me to eat.

Eggos.
Fruit.
Yogurt.