Chapter one: On The Run

There were two firm knocks at Antonio's big wooden door. He ignored the person's requests to enter and turned over in his massive customized bed to resume resting peacefully. He was usually a busy man with hardly any time to himself so whenever he was able to sleep in he did so. Everyone who worked alongside him made sure to never disturb him; any phone calls, two-minute conversations, emergency meetings, no questions, or anything similar.

Overall, he was a laidback, nonchalant kind of guy but he could be cranky, irrational, and overly aggressive when awakened before his preferred time. He began to drift back off to sleep and then there was another knock at his door. He sighed and shifted his jaw, something he'd done whenever he was annoyed. He kept his eyes closed hoping the person would go away if he ignored them longer.

A mug grew onto his face as he prepared himself to snap if they knocked again. Within half a second, a harder, more intense pound sounded off from the other side of the door. Antonio's patience ran out.

"What the fuck do you want?" He yelled.

His eyes were now wide open. He slid his hand under his pillow and gripped the cold butt of his gun and moved it beside him just in case he was greeted by someone that wanted him dead. The door opened and Felix stepped inside his room. His hand loosened up off of the gun and he scowled.

His victorian style bedroom was darkened by the heavy black-out curtains that covered his windows but he could make out Felix's fluffy hair and a stalky figure walking over to his bed. He stood at the foot of the bed, resting his palms on the wooden bed frame.

"Your father called and it's not good." He said frantically. "Some shit went down with him and Tito and he's on his way to America." He added.

Not needing any further details, Antonio sprang up out of bed. The seriousness of the situation had to be bigger than Felix had put if his father was leaving Panama where his family was one of prominence and always respected. The only family that was just as renowned as Antonio's family was Tito's.

Tito's full name was Christian Santana but not many knew his whole name; just the weight of his reputation. He was feared, loved, and admired all by the same people. Tito had grown up with José, Antonio's dad and the two were once close.

At fifteen, Tito joined his family's drug cartel and in years he had worked his way to the top. Jose, impressed by the extreme amounts of cash and glamorous things Tito acquired, decided to build himself from the feet up.

Using Tito as his main source for drugs, Jose managed to make a name for himself and established his organization; the relationship that was once known as tight was now one for business only.

Two days after José's 27th birthday his wife gave birth to his first son, Antonio. For José, this meant he'd have the chance to be the kind of father he never had. José always kept Antonio at his side; taking him anywhere he wanted to go, giving him whatever he wanted, and giving him his constant attention. They were close and Antonio told him everything. Though, the older Antonio had gotten the closer he had grew to Tito which didn't sit well with José.

Tito had begun to spend more time with Antonio and that had taken away from the quality time they used to spend together. An offer made by Tito for Antonio to work under him set José off. José had decided to make Antonio head of their business in North America and shipped him off, far away from Tito's influence. Although Tito had always maintained contact with Antonio, José had developed a strong sense of jealousy and hatred toward Tito. Antonio hoped that his father hadn't done anything stupid.

Antonio stood waiting in the airport for his father. He looked around anxiously, hoping to spot a gray-haired brown man rushing toward the lobby. His nerves heightened and he nervously shoved his hands into his pockets. His eyes kept jotting back and forth as he glanced over the many faces that walked in his direction.