Chapter thirty: The Time Has Come

The day had finally come but it felt nothing like Antonio imagined. After he'd gotten his victory, how happy would it make him? Would it help him win Celia back? Would everything else return to normal? It was certain that it wouldn't bring his father back and how could anything revert to normal then?  Antonio's world wouldn't stop spinning. There it was, the resolution to the only problem he sought to solve, yet he still felt nothing.

Despite his feelings, in honor of his late father, revenge would be served. He had no choice but to sit in his misery until Michael came back to clear everything. To help the time pass he kicked back and attempted to relax.

A loud thud startled Antonio. He shot his eyes opened and then squinted, trying to guess where the sound came from. Following the thud, he heard a voice speaking loudly. At the same time that he sprang up, Rico slipped into the room.

"Nina's here for you and she's pissed," Rico said.

Antonio allowed Rico to silently lead him to where Nina was. The closer they got to her, the louder her voice grew. Antonio wasn't great at confrontation. He would usually explode when confronted by others.

The difference at this time was that Nina had every right to hate him. At this moment, Antonio could take the heat for placing Celia and Cameron in danger. He felt as if he deserved to be condemned for it.

Antonio stepped into the kitchen area, catching a cold glare from Nina. Michael stood before her with his hands clasped at her elbows to restrain her.

"What the fuck did you get my sister into?!" She screamed at Antonio as she tried tugging away from Michael.

"Nina, calm down," Michael said gently.

"No! Fuck that! Let me go." Nina snatched away again.

"Let her go." Antonio came forward humbly.

Michael released her. Immediately, Nina charged him and used all her strength to push into his chest. Antonio didn't bother to defend himself.

"You almost got my sister killed, you selfish bastard." Nina shoved him again.

"I know." Antonio owned up to it, "I'm sorry, but I need you to help me."

"Why would I help you with anything right now?" Nina asked.

"I didn't mean to put Celia in the middle of anything, Nina. You know that. I would kill for her." Antonio replied.

Nina breathed out and then dragged a breath in. She let out her tears and began fanning her face. Antonio instinctively pulled her in for a hug. Nina kept her arms pinned between her and Antonio, trying to separate herself. But, Antonio's firmness caused her to give in. Her arms went around his back as she accepted his embrace and she sobbed harder.

"I'm so fucking scared." She cried frantically into his torso.

Antonio pulled back, "I'm gonna make sure you're safe. I got you, alright?"

Nina gazed up at Antonio with wet eyes. She wiped the tears from her cheeks and gathered herself.

"Do you know where she's going?" Antonio questioned.

"I do," Nina sniffled, "But I don't feel comfortable telling you. Everything is crazy right now. Someone was at Celia's house trying to get in. I was being followed days before that and now this."

"I understand. Would you feel better if I send a couple of people to look after you for a while?" Antonio asked.

"Yeah." Nina bobbed her head.

"Alright, Let me get you situated. Michael, can you walk her outside for me?" Antonio asked his brother.

"Yeah, of course." Michael placed his arm around Nina's shoulder, "We're gonna make sure you're alright." He assured her.