7: Ridiculous

A loud repetitive noise rouse Yibo from sleep. He wanted to move but there was a heavy mass crushing his body. He groaned and stirred, bent his head down and peeked at the source of the weight.

Sleep deserted him entirely with the view that greeted him.

Zhan was lying comfortably on top of him. Head on his chest, limbs tangled with Yibo's own.

Yibo's heart raced in an instant, shocked and disturbed with the intimate position they were in. Strangely, he did not jump from panic or push the man away. Instead, he carefully brushed Zhan's fringes aside, tracing with feather-light touch the enchanting beauty of the sleeping man. It might be the stupor, so Yibo blamed it on his trance.

He would have continued this bizzare compulsion if not for the the doorbell which kept ringing annoyingly seeking his attention. Yibo's head plopped back on the pillow, squeezing his eyes shut, harshly reprimanding himself. "Get a grip, Yibo!" He cursed, internally screaming, 'This is ridiculous!'

His eyes turned dark when he opened it again. Irritated, he shook Zhan's body and growled, "Get up."

Zhan stirred in his sleep, but instead of opening his eyes up, he further burrowed himself in what he thought was the warm-soft sheet of his bed. He smiled comfortably, inhaling the unfamiliar yet addicting fragrance of Sandalwood and rubbing his face in that lovely warmth.

Yibo froze from the sudden attack. His heart almost stopped beating before it started pounding loudly in his chest. He felt doom was approaching him so he squirmed restlessly and almost shouted, "GET the f*ck UP!" His grim shrilling loud voice made Zhan startled.

"Aaaaaaah!!!" The older screamed in terror and rolled off the bed, hitting the floor with a loud thud. But he did not stay lying there for too long. He sprang to his feet in a split second, eyes wide open looking at Yibo who's been sending him deathly glares. He hugged himself and pulled the blanket to cover his fully-clothed body, "Y-You! What d-did you do to me?!" He unreasonably incriminate the younger man.

Yibo hissed in annoyance shooting the question back. "What did YOU do to me?" He pulled his shirt forward, showing Zhan's drool on his once immaculate white shirt.

Zhan winced in embarassment, awkwardly laughing at his dumb act. "Aiyah. It's too early to be in a bad mood, Bo-di."

"Early?" Yibo snapped at him. "It's midday already. And someone's calling your phone non-stop and pressing the intercom button since long ago." He deadpanned, sliding himself off the bed and storming into the bath.

Zhan followed him like a lost puppy, wanting to pacify his anger. But it seems Yibo is far from cooling down.

Yibo stopped abruptly by the door frame of the shower room causing Zhan to bump into his lean back. Zhan heard him sigh exasperatedly before turning around to face him with indifference.

Zhan probably hit his heard hard when he fell on the floor. How could he still find the rude brat so handsome and alluring?

Yibo's eyebrow arched looking at Zhan's stupefied face. "Can I please have some privacy to take a shower?" He coldly asked.

"That is, if you don't mind." He sarcastically added with a smirk.

Zhan's whole face flushed red understanding the lewd hint. "O-Of course you can! I don't mind. I d-don't mind at all!" He stuttered, flustered, then ran for his dear life, mentally grunting how uncool he was in front of that brat!

The intercom rang again as soon as he got out of the bathroom, and Zhan thanked Heavens for that good distraction.

The lobby receptionist greeted him through the videocam, "Good afternoon Mr. Wei. There is a gentleman named Mr. Lan Hai Kuan waiting here in the lobby and wanting to see you."

Zhan's mood automatically lightened hearing his best friend's name. "Let him up!" He brightfully replied.

He jogged back to the bathroom, knocking at the door. "Bo-di! Hai Kuan is here. Hurry up!" He did not wait for a reply and zoomed his way to fix his bed hair and brush his teeth quickly.

Just in time, he opened the door for Hai Kuan to come in.

Opposite to the bright smile he has at first, Zhan's face fell in great extent when he saw Hai Kuan pulling a large luggage with him.

"I'm sorry, Zhan. It seems Yibo needs to stay here with you a bit longer."

------

A/N:

How are all of you guys doing?
Just want to ask regarding the Covid vaccine being given in your country.

I had pfizer biontech vaccine, not too bad. Had a very sore (like battered arm) for 2 days and I had to take paracetamol round the clock for that, plus a low grade fever. But it isn't that bad. Some friends got chills and high fever, but still it is not that bad. For those who already had their second dose 3 weeks after the first dose, all of them felt really unwell afterwards. So I am assuming it is better to take the second dose with a longer interval from the first dose? I had the 2nd dose 12 weeks after the first dose, still had a sore arm afterwards, but nothing else. All is good.

Some friends had the AstraZeneca vaccine and half of them were like totally sick (bed ridden due to body weakness) while half of them did not experience any side effects at all.
So, how about you guys?

15th Jan 2021

💚 Don't forget to click the VOTE button please! 💚