✒ B R E A K

The days after that were filled exchanging messages regarding the topic. Ahsan seemed to have an endless stream of questions, and Masroor did his best to answer them all.

'If it's wrong, why do we feel it?'

'There are many things that aren't correct, but we still feel them, don't we? Hate isn't right, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.'

'But that's hate. This is love.'

'There is a right kind of love. Then there is a wrong kind. A man may love a woman, but until he marries her, that love isn't correct to act upon.'

'So the problem is being unable to marry them? Why can't two men marry each other and make it halaal then?'

'Marital relations are endorsed between men and women, not men and men or women and women.'

'Why?'

Sometimes, they'll end up going around in circles, and Masroor will find himself explaining the same concepts again and again.

'Then why does the male body gain pleasure from it?'

'That body part's purpose isn't to be pleasured. Rather it has more biological functions which are more important. You could say this aspect of it is the test.'

He'd attached a scientific article with that further explaining the function of a prostrate in the male body.

'So, what? Allah just created us like this to torture us.'

'Why are you limiting being tortured only to this aspect? Why not say why are there poor people? Did Allah create them just to suffer the pangs of hunger? What about people that born with physical defects and terminal illnesses? Did Allah create them just so they could live a life filled with pain?'

'That's their test, no?'

'Then this is your test. Our purpose in life is worship Him. Anything else either assists us in that or hinders us from that. The test is staying firm on worshiping Him regardless of anything else.'

'Why me?'

'Because Allah knew you can handle it and return back to Him with your faith intact. Allah tests a person according to what they can handle. Perhaps Allah knew that I couldn't handle what you're going through, but He knows you can.'

'I will.'

Masroor found himself smiling at that. Taking a moment to pray to Al-Hadi for keeping the boy under the umbrella of His guidance.

'I don't want to feel this.'

'I pray a day comes where you won't.'

'I never asked for this.'

'Allah is with you no matter what you go through.'

'Yet He is the One who put me in this situation.'

'And He will be the One to take you out of it.'

'Is that all you're going to say?'