✒ F O U N D

Masroor walked out of the school, feeling positive and satisfied with the interview he just sat through. Hopefully, this job will last him until he finishes his masters.

He flipped through his messages to see Tayyba had sent him a list of items for grocery shopping and drove towards the Aldi located nearby.

One of the items on the list was soya milk. He went to fridge section to pick it up. There was a boy standing there scanning the selection of chilled drinks.

"Excuse me."

"Sorry," the boy mumbled back, moving away slightly. Masroor caught a glimpse of his face and froze. There was no way he would mistake that delicate looking face and bright eyes.

"...Ahsan?"

The boy stopped and turned back towards him. A painfully familiar shy smile breaking out. "Ustadh." He breathed. The same soft voice that sweetly recited the Qur'an. "Hi."

"Assalamu Alaikum," Masroor coughed back, awkwardly smiling. Two years ago, the boy would have never said 'Hi' to him.

Ahsan blinked, before a look of realization came over his face. "Oh. Wa alaikumus salam."

Masroor hit with a hard sense nostalgia at that voice saying something in Arabic after such a long time. The smile that curved his lips now completely genuine.

"How are you? Have you been well?"

"Yes." Ahsan nodded back. "I'm good. Yourself?"

"Ah, I am as well." Masroor replied. Trying to think of something else to say.

"Baby, have you got your drink yet?"

Masroor automatically turned towards the chirpy voice. A Caucasian woman dressed in a modest shirt and skirt. She was looking past him towards Ahsan.

Ahsan picked up one of the drinks he was looking at and showed it to her.

The woman smiled back and finally noticed Masroor there. Her eyebrows furrowed. "Oh? Who's this?"

"He was my teacher before." Ahsan replied to her. "Are we going now?"

"Hmm." The woman looked Masroor up and down, taking in his Jubba and beard. Her nose crinkled. "I still have a few things to sort out. Do you want to speak to your... teacher?"

"I would love to." Ahsan beamed at her. "Thanks, Kate."

"No probs, baby. I'll give you call when I'm done." Kate waved her hand as they left Aldi.

"I'm sorry." Ahsan mumbled.

"Huh?"

"Am I taking your time? Are you in a rush?"

Masroor smiled back. "No, I have time." He paused. "It's good to see you're doing well."

"That was my foster mother." Ahsan replied to the unspoken question. "She's very kind. We live near Sutton Coldfield."

"I see. It's good. You're looking happy."

They took a corner to enter a park, leisurely strolling past the trees.

Ahsan stopped and faced him. "You must have heard." He stated.

"I've heard." Masroor looked back at him levelly.

Ahsan seemed to search his face for something. He must have found what he was looking for as he turned his face to the side.

"You're not disgusted?" He asked, voice small.