DREAM ONE:ICELAND

I opened my eyes to find myself in September,in Iceland, laying upon a rock, beneath the Aurora Borealis.

   Never before had I beheld such beautiful display of nature.

   Laying there, staring at the Northern lights, I felt as though I was being celebrated and the brilliant coloured lights were put there just for me.

    Because in that very moment, at that particular time, they danced so majestically like never recorded just for me to witness. And no one else would ever catch eyes upon the exact same choreography I had just witnessed.

   The colours spoke to me and I to them. We were in perfect understanding of one another. As they glistened, my soul followed suit and shone so bright that I was seated in an abundant glow, communicating with them as though we were one. Nothing mattered anyone. No one mattered anyone. Apart from my new friend, The Northern lights.

   After what seemed like an eternity I got up and made my way to Ásbyrgi and what a sight it was to take in!

   From the glacial canyon past the majestic forests to Eyjan through the Botnstjörn lake where I played around with two or three water fowls. And by played with, I mean chased through the water frantically like a mad girl.  I laughed so hard my tummy hurt for the rest of my adventure .

      I was filled with sheer bewilderment as I took it all in. Unable to think of anytime other than my surroundings.

   I sat down, breathing in the clear air and enjoying every bit of the serenity of the canyon. It refreshed me,it elevated me, it consumed me in the best way possible and made me lighter than a feather. I could have floated away if I had less for dinner and that I was certain of.

   "I could get used to this" I whispered under my breath so as to not disturb the ancient deities that resided within the canyon. Ever enjoying the peace and quiet of their resting place.

   My alarm went off and I was jolted back into my room, away from the paradise and back in February.

   "I'd love to visit Iceland again "