chapter two

ii. the unexpected pt2.

Until Klaus agreed to the witch's agreement, which she has no idea what that agreement is, Emilee couldn't see her sister

Until Klaus agreed to the witch's agreement, which she has no idea what that agreement is, Emilee couldn't see her sister. They kept her in one of the mausoleums for what felt like days going on weeks. They've been doing witch tests on her; she felt like a prisoner. Emilee's life went back to complicated. Emilee wanted to look at her parents, and now she was off-track dealing with Mikaelson's mess again.

Waiting for something to happen, a couple of witches walked inside the mausoleum with stone-cold faces.

   "Get up. There's someone who wants to see you." One of the witches orders, grabbing her arm, pulling her out as they turned a corner; Sophie yelled, "bring her out!"

Next to Sophie was Elijah Mikaelson; Emilee sighed in relief, "Elijah!" He gazed at her in confusion; keeping his eyes on the Gilbert girl, he told them, "Give us a moment, please."

As they walked away, Elijah walked toward Emilee as she hugged him, wrapping her arm around his waist and clinging to him tight; a wave of relief washed over her. Ever since Klaus became the Hybrid, Emilee and Elijah grew close friends. He was the older brother she needed being the eldest in her family. Elijah was always there when she needed someone to talk to; as a reverse uno card, she was the same for him. She was there for him whenever he needed to talk about his brother's antics and his search for Klaus' redemption.

   "So, have they been holding you here against your will?" Elijah asked as she nodded,

   "They got me to New Orleans, pretending to be my sister,"

    "I thought Elena was back in Mystic Falls?" Elijah looked at her, confused.

The brunette looked at the original weird until she remembered she didn't tell him about Hayley, "I have another sister, my biological sister," He nodded.

    "They lured me out to the Bayou and grabbed me. And did all these weird, witchy tests. I'm still trying to figure out how this happened, Elijah; I mean, I get how this happened, but why?"

Elijah placed his hand on her shoulder, "You know I can't excuse my brother's behavior. Every time we found a moment of happiness, we fled, even here in New Orleans, where we were happiest. After Klaus broke his curse and defeated Mikael, I thought this would make him happy. He was angrier than ever. I wonder if these babies might be a way for my brother to find happiness, a way to save him from himself. But, I won't let anything or anyone harm you, your sister, or these babies." She smiled at him.

    "I'm glad you feel that way because we need your help," Sophie and her entourage of witches walked in.

Elijah stood up, looking down at Sophie. "What, precisely, do you want, and what does it have to do with Emilee?"

   "We want to run Marcel and his vampires out of town. Klaus is the one we need to do it. Marcel learned everything about being a vampire from Klaus. Marcel trusts him and looks up to him. He won't see it coming." She stated.

    "Well, I'm sure you're aware that Niklaus doesn't like to be told what to do."

    "That's why I brought you here. Marcel drove the werewolves out of town decades ago. Do you think he's going to welcome hybrid babies to the neighborhood?" she said doubtfully.

Emilee looked down at her stomach. Thinking back on her life in her role as Elena and Jeremy's guardian, the bad decisions she made not protecting her siblings, her sister was a vampire, and her brother was dead.

    'How can I be a mother when I can't protect my family?'

Her actual sister was poisoned by wolfsbane because of her.

   "Convince Klaus to help us; no one has to know about the new additions to the original family." Sophie threatened Elijah.

   "That sounds remarkably like blackmail," Elijah said calmly, but you could hear the anger in his tone.

    "As I said, we're desperate." She stated. Sophia needed the help of the originals by her side to defeat Marcel, and she was going to get it one way or another.

  "Well, I have my work cut out for me, don't I? okay, I will get my brother, and no one will harm her, understood?" Sophie nodded her head and moved out of his way.

Elijah turned back, looked at Emilee, gave her a reassuring smile, and then left. She knew that Elijah could get her out of this mess, but if Klaus was willing to participate, 'would he?'

It didn't take Elijah long till Emilee heard Klaus's booming voice from her' cell,'

  "What madness is this?"

She took a deep breath subconsciously; she was rubbing her hands out of nervousness, knowing that this was the most challenging part of telling Klaus that she was pregnant.

Walking to the sound of the commotion, she called outstanding near the entrance, "Klaus" The hybrid's eyes widened in shock from the fact that she was there, "what is this?" He questioned.

   "You need to listen to them," Emilee told him, thinking their rocky relationship had some validity, but he laughed, causing her stomach to drop.

   "You're out of your mind if you think some. Liquor-fueled-one night stands, no offense, sweetheart, means a damn thing to me", he said, pointing at her and looking at Sophie.

  "Marcel may be able to keep us from practicing real magic in this town, but as keepers of the balance, we still know when nature cooks up something new. For example, I have a special gift of sensing when a girl is pregnant."

All amusement left Klaus' face as he turned to look at the brunette, "What? What are you saying?"

  "Niklaus. Emilee is carrying your children." Elijah told him. Klaus stood there, taking ragged breaths. "Twins?" he turned to look at her.

  "No. It's impossible. Vampires can't procreate." He denied.

"But werewolves can." Sophie said, "Magic made you a vampire, but you were born a wolf. You're the Original Hybrid, the first of your kind, and this pregnancy is one of nature's loopholes." She looked at the werewolf.

Klaus fights for control over his facial expression before bolting toward Emilee angrily, "You've been with someone else. Admit it!"

  "I've been held captive in a freaking alligator bayou, all because these witches think I'm carrying some magic miracle babies. Don't you think I would've fessed up if it wasn't yours?" She yelled at him.

Sophie added," My sister gave her life to perform the spell she needs to confirm this pregnancy. Because of Jane-Anne's sacrifice, this girl's life and the babies are now controlled by us. Suppose you don't help us. Emilee won't live long to see her first maternity dress."

Emilee felt her heart sink as she took deep breaths, trying to control her breathing, "Wait, what?" They were threatening her life. Elijah pushed off the wall, "Enough of this; if you want Marcel dead, he's dead. I'll do it my damn self."

  Sophie shook her head and followed her demand, "No. We can't. Not yet. We have a clear plan that we need to follow, and there are rules."

Klaus turned away slowly to face Sophie, his anger barely restrained and his voice frighteningly quiet.

"How dare you command me? Threaten me with what you wrongfully perceive to be my weaknesses?! I won't hear any more lies." Klaus yelled at her, moving to leave.

Elijah stopped him. "Niklaus, Listen."

Klaus stopped looking at Emilee and down at her abdomen; he could hear the babies' rapid heartbeats. His children. Klaus listened in wonderment for a few moments, he met Emilee's eyes, and she saw a moment that looked like he was going to listen to her. But the sliver of reasoning and emotion disappeared when he closed himself off again. He turns to Elijah,

"Kill her and the babies. What do I care?"