Chapter 1

tw// violence, mention of drug use, mention of suicide

Spencer's POV:

There was so much blood. It covered the floor in a deep crimson puddle surrounding the source. It was sticky and thick, and the metallic smell burned the hairs in my nose and imprinted on my brain. It was a sight I would never forget; no matter how many drugs I took, this type of pain would lie deep in my bones until the day I die. Eventually, it would become a dull ache, but I would never forget it.

When I first started, these types of cases would make me feel sick to my stomach and keep me up at night. When I gained some more experience, I started to take pride in my work, knowing that even if we couldn't save everyone, we still brought justice to the survivors. Now, though, it's different.

Seeing the blood, pulling the trigger of the gun, tackling unsubs to the ground; it all fueled the fire inside of me. Over the years, I have built up so much anger and hatred towards the world that helping victims doesn't put me to rest anymore. If I hadn't taken an oath swearing to protect, I might have snapped long before tonight.

The quiet, constant hum of the jet filled the otherwise silent cabin. Across from me sits Y/n, the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on. She's not the kind of beauty that I want to destroy, quite the opposite. I want to take her hand and lead her into the blaze with me so we can burn together.

She has the same darkness inside of her that I do, only she hasn't been damaged enough to notice it yet. I want her to notice it, to notice me. We could be a team, an unstoppable one that left a trail of carnage everywhere we walked, yet no one would be able to come close to catching us.

We could star in our own twisted version of Romeo and Juliet, where instead of killing ourselves, we punish everyone who tries to keep us apart. I would make her my queen and every day I would show her how devoted to her I am.

Nothing can stop me from getting what I want. I've waited long enough, and now I am finally going to take what's mine.