Love at First Bite.

(The first book of Radiant War is known as the Vampire Ophelia Arch). 

"Huh, it really was repaired." Ben muttered as he stared up at his house, which now looked as if it had never been ripped apart by flames and floodwater. 

"Indeed, the gods are generous." said Deca. 

"Generous, right, putting us in an endless deathgame, truly generous." Ben muttered. 

"Perhaps Master Idiot, however I am created to be an impartial judge, I cannot for myself, feel anger or aggression towards my creators nor my master for any moral mistake. However, the giving of objects in spite of not having to is defined as generosity to me." said Deca emotionlessly. 

"Well you were just born after all, maybe this is just stuff you need to learn." Ben said. 

"Illogical, I am not a baby that is to be taken care of and raised, I am an artificial divine instrument meant to be used and utilized." said Deca. 

"Grrrrrrrrmmmmble." At that moment, Deca's stomach made a moaning growling sound.

"Right, I'm sure an instrument of servitude totally makes that noise." Ben muttered.

Deca's cheeks went uncharacteristically pink from embarrassment, and her eyes twitched, but she did not break her tone. "It is of no concern, my task is to cook you food. Later perhaps I shall sustain myself with any leftovers you might-."

"Come on, I'll make us some food." Ben said, walking into the house.

"D-did you hear what I just said!? Food is my domestic du-"

"I'm for woman empowerment, just sit tight and I'll have something ready in no time." Ben said as he began shuffling through the drawers. "Wow. No silverware out of place, like I left it, this is creepy."

"A few pieces of silverware would not be beyond the gods." said Deca. " Do you doubt?"

"Uh, no, not much doubting to be had here." Ben said. "I can turn into super powered aliens and I just befriended a killer swordsman and a magical girl. I don't think I'm delving too far from the unbelievable scale."

"Befriend is probably over selling it." said Deca. "At most, you've managed to ally yourself with the Killer briefly.  Your relationship with him is about as close as my relationship to you, strictly business."

"Well can't argue with that, we've barely known each other for a few days." Ben said as he stood up and yawned. "Well, while I get dinner ready, you can take a shower or something. Mika and Tay are dealing with a student council meeting, so you don't have to worry about hiding or whatnot, you must be starving."

"I.. er.. do require sustenance." Deca muttered. "But I am not only your Backer but a functioning maid who excels at cooking and cleaning in her programming. 

"Uhuh, sure, you can cook some time, but for now you're a brand new guest in my home and I gotta show some hospitality." Ben said. "Huh, wait a minute, we've got no Paprika."

Ben frowned. "Could've sworn I bought some. Dang it, and the supermarket's definitely all out of paprika till next Wednesday."

"Why?" Deca asked. 

"Huge storm is heading here, News says it'll likely knock out power and stuff like that." Ben said. "And ever since Covid, you could say Japan's been really bracing for another huge disaster, even all the toilet paper is sold out.. again."

"You could request supplies from a broker, but of course the payment required might vary." said Deca.

"Broker?"