Ophelia

My name is Ophelia Anderson, 

And I come from a world that's different from this one. 

I still remember everything as it was. I didn't look like the place I am now. Vehicles that move on their own using gasoline, lights lit by electricity. Buildings as tall as the sky. 

No. Where I lived, houses were just made of wood and concrete. We had fancy mansions, and towns of peasants, and our technology ran on beasts of burden and steam. 

You could say that from the perspective of this world, it was a lot like the Steam Age that they talk about from the 1920s combined with the Medieval age of knights and castles. 

In my world, Adventurers hang out with guilds and learn magic and monster slaying, the Nobility pick on the poor, and some men wear ridiculous wigs while women wear the most flamboyant dresses that make it hard to breathe. 

Heh, I still remember some of the dumb parties I used to have to attend when under the old geezer's tutelage. 

I was but an ordinary peasant's daughter living in a humble village overseen by the village's lord, Sir Vlad. 

I can still picture my simple life sometimes when I close my eyes tighter than the constriction of a serpent devouring a mouse. The fresh smell of hay, the farm animals crying out to be fed. My little brother giggling as he climbs on top of my shoulders while I try to milk our one and only dairy cow, the only one we could afford to buy. 

I had no need for servants, or nobility, or gold, or plush couches in cool ventilated living rooms. I had my family and the man I loved, that was all I needed. 

However, as the Village Beauty, whenever our Lord held parties, I was sent to represent the people of the poor community due to my immense beauty and my ability to perfectly execute the mannerisms of Nobility. Every word I spoke, every curtsy, I did perfectly, impressing the born nobles around me, allowing me to secure my village's needs and negotiate for more when it counted. 

Eventually my skills and beauty came under the notice of Lord Vlad and he turned up at our old farm house with an offer. 

The man's lecherous gaze could be felt from a mile. Like a cold clasping hand slowly creeping it's fingers up the small of my back as if pretending to be some sort of beastly spider.

It sent shivers up my spine, and my  heart throbbed not with desire, but fear under the gaze of a beast hidden underneath the mask of a Noble. 

He offered to marry me and in doing so, secure the future of my family forevermore. 

A tempting offer I won't deny. Securing my brother's future as well as the future of father and mother. But on the other hand, the man I had pledged myself to was still alive and well, and I had no desire to desert him. 

His name was Benjamin. Ironic isn't it?  His face was the very face of the Ben Tennyson I now look at with a heart of desire and a desire to help succeed. 

Perhaps he was this world's version of the very same person? I don't know. I don't know how the Multiverse works. I've never ventured to other dimensions till the Radiant War. I was always content to rule my own reality and my own reality alone. 

Vlad, dissatisfied with my refusal of his offer, immediately torched my home before my eyes, burning my parents alive, before crushing the skulls of my brother and my lover with his bare hands in front of me, leaving their blood and brains splattered over the hem of my farming clothes. 

And in a final show of dominance, he stripped my clothes from me and raped me on the floor of the burning barn as cinders fell all around us, burning my skin.   He bit into my neck, sinking his fangs deep as he took my virginity with the vicious desperation of a wild horrid animal.