Chapter one

Trees.
Thats all I could see.
That's all I could smell.
Just trees.
And then I remembered. I remembered the odd people taking me away. I remember the strange ways these people talked and acted. I remember the wars and the conflict. I remembered the love and peace. I remembered the pain I felt. And then I remembered why I was here. You see just two weeks ago I was a normal kid. Just a kid in a little town near the woods. None of us were allowed in the woods but some terrible people pushed me in and I couldn't find my way out. I just kept going deeper and deeper into the dark until I found a pond. There was someone at the pond. Someone graceful and stoic. Someone who looks like they are from the heavens above. And that's when all hell broke loose. I reached up and touched the side of my head. That's when I realized something was different. My ears were pointy. There was also blood trickling from a wound in my head. Suddenly everything felt odd and I was dizzy. I fell back to the ground and everything went black.

Two weeks before...
These kids have decided to mess with me again. Honestly I have given up at this point. They do what they want and just leave me to find my way home. But I don't really have a home. A house sure but not a home. My parents were never accepting of me and my identity nor were they proud of what I have achieved in life. I usually wasn't home much and preferred being outside. I always felt at peace with the outside and nature. I would spend hours in fields and near the forest. But this time it was so much worse. The kids who bullied me and used me for their advantage found me sitting by the forest while trying to fix an old stopwatch I had found a couple years ago near the forest. They came up to me and grabbed me by the back and threw me into the forest. It was too dark to see so I wandered for hours.

After many hours I found a pond. Exhausted I collapsed next to the pond and looked at my reflection. Staring back at me was a kid who doesn't know who they are. From my messy and curly brown hair that hasn't been washed to my tee shirt and jeans you could tell I was a mess. My only good quality in my mind was my eyes. Unlike my dark clothes, tanned skin and dark hair my eyes were a bright blue. They were so blue that I always get asked if I wear contacts. I tried to messily fix my hair and grabbed some of the water from the pond to wash my face.

I pulled out the stopwatch which I had stuffed in my pocket to look at it and was shocked to find it working. I looked at it in awe before I noticed a presence behind me. I looked at the pond and saw the reflection of a boy. Most likely no older than seventeen. He had light blond hair and dark green eyes. He was tall and looked as if he was out hunting. He looked me in the eyes through the reflection and just stared at me for a second. Then he grabbed me by the arm and put a burlap sack over my head.