Chapter three

I woke up abruptly covered in sweat and breathing heavily. Another one of these. I've been having horrific nightmares for the past few months but these nightmares keep getting worse. I finally came to my senses and realized I couldn't breathe. I started grabbing at my shirt which felt like it was stuck to my torso due to all the sweat. I finally pulled it off but I was still struggling to breathe. I wanted to scream but I couldn't get enough air through my throat. I finally realized the amount of tears flowing down my cheeks. It felt like the dark was consuming me and choking the life out of me. I couldn't hear or see anything. It felt like a fog was covering my vision which was making it hard to see making it worse.

I suddenly felt a pair of arms wrap around me making me jump.  The pair of arms turned me around to look at a face. I studied the features on the face and realized who it was. Blaise looked at me with genuine worry in his eyes. "Jester you need to breathe", Blaise said with an urgent tone in his voice. I tried but I was struggling to take a breath. I started squeezing my eyes shut to try and block out the tears and the fear that was overwhelming me. Blaise started lightly shaking my shoulders to get me to open my eyes. I tried my hardest and was finally able to take a breath.

After breathing for a little bit I was able to calm down enough to tell Blaise what happened. I started crying about halfway through and I had to be convinced to calm down again. After I talked about my nightmare he asked how I felt. All I knew was that I was... scared. I already knew I wasn't going to fall back asleep but I was so tired.

Suddenly I felt shifting beside me and looked over to see Blaise lying down on my bed. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me down with him. I looked at him weird. He looked at me and realized why. He lightly wiped my face with his thumb to get rid of the few tears that were left. "I can already tell you are too scared to fall asleep but I can also see how tired you are", Blaise told me. " I'm going to stay in this bed with you incase it happens again."  I suddenly realized how absolutely exhausted I was and lied down. I felt Blaise's arms wrap around my waist and I fell asleep almost instantly.

Hey it's the author here!
I'm sorry it took so long to get this chapter out. I've just been really busy with school and other things. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll try and get a new one out soon!