Chapter 10

Hinata grinned, "Noya-senpai, you're so cool!" He looked at his upperclassmen, who was busy enjoying the ice cream he had bought for himself and Hinata.

"Heck yeah I am!", Nishinoya cried triumphantly. "Call me senpai again!"

"Noya-senpai!"

"Again!"

"Noya-senpai!"

"You're the best Kouhai I could ever ask for!"

"Aww, thanks Noya-senpai!" Hinata finished his ice cream, tossing the wrapper in the trash. "Um, Noya-senpai? So, you know Asahi from the third year? Suga-san said he was the ace...", He trailed off, looking at Nishinoya's angry face.

"Yeah, I know Asahi. Like I said, a big coward." He crossed his arms, before quickly changing the subject. "Anyways, why do you ask?"

"Well, cause Suga and Daichi told me about you and Asahi after practice yesterday, Daichi called you Karasuno's Guardian Deity! Isn't that so incredible?"

"Daichi really said that?" Nishinoya looked surprised.

"Mhm! You must be an amazing libero!"

"Why did you assume I'm a libero?", He asked, immediately getting defensive. "Is it because I'm short?"

"Nope!", Hinata popped the P, his answer making the other teen confused. "It's because of the nickname Daichi gave you and cause of how good you are at receives! I mean, you even ran in and got Bakayama's ball earlier, which is like 'woah', y'know? Oh! Speaking of receives, do you think... Do you think you could teach me them, Noya-senpai?"

Nishinoya looked stunned, but happy. "Of course I will, my little Kouhai!"

"Thank you so much, Noya-senpai!" Recalling Suga's words, he made sure to call him Senpai a couple more times than strictly necessary. "They're what I'm worst at right now..." Hinata admitted sheepishly.

"I will teach you them, and I will teach you them perfectly! However!" Nishinoya began, "I will not, under any circumstances, rejoin the team until Asahi does! Winning without him would be like... Like admitting we don't need him! I can't do that, not ever."

Hinata nodded. He understood. It would be like betraying Asahi, like walking up to him and shouting in his face that he was worthless to the team.

***

"...And that's pretty much everything?", Kenma asked, faint beeping noises indicating he was still playing a game.

"Yup! Yesterday was wild! I'm still sorry I forgot to call! It was just really tiring! But fun!", Hinata laughed. "Especially Noya! He came to Karasuno solely for the uniforms! Isn't that nuts? He's just as obsessed over Kiyoko-senpai as Tanaka is too! It's the funniest thing!"

Kenma made a non-committal sound.

"And he has this really fantastic move called Rolling Thunder! He even said he'd teach me and the other first years receives!"

"That's good, Sho-chan.", Kenma murmured, a small tinkling noise signalling he had paused his game. "Those are a pretty big weakspot. Easily taken advantage of when it gets to the final boss fight."

"Well yeah, that's why I'm working on them!", Hinata retorted. "That reminds me! I also met the ace, Asahi, at lunch time today! I think he'd get along well with Yuuri, actually. Yamaguchi would too, now that I think about it..."

"Oh, hey Kuroo.", Kenma said. Apparently it was on speakerphone on his end as Kuroo's voice came through next.

"You talkin' to Chibi-chan?" A pause and fabric rustling meant Kenma nodded. "Neato! Oi, Chibi-chan! Just wanted to let you know, whenever we play, whether it's next week or in nationals, we will crush you, mark my words."

"I'll make you eat them when I prove you wrong!", Hinata cried, grinning.

"Lower your voice." came Yuuri's inevitable shout.

"Sorry, I mean, I'll make you eat your words when I prove you wrong.", he whispered.

Kuroo's laugh echoed through the phone. "Nice chatting with you! See you around, Chibi-chan!"

"Bye bye Kuroo!"

"...I'm going to go too.", Kenma muttered.

"M'kay! Talk to you later, Kenma! I won't forget, I swear!" Kenma's disbelieving hum was answer enough, the other boy hanging up before Hinata could reply. "Rude!", He grumbled, plugging his phone in and setting it next to his bed.

***

I am really sorry for not updating in a while, I forgot about uploading another chapter and recently I got sick so it delayed the update even more.

Hopefully this chapter made up for it, I will get working on the next soon :))

Word Count: 691