Chapter 5

It was only about five minutes after the lady had left that the fact that Tim was trapped in a cell for an indefinite amount of time in the foreseeable future fully sank in.

He wasn't really concerned about that though. Nah, no way. What he was concerned about, was Bruce.

Since he hadn't contacted him or Oracle or even Jason for that matter, no one knew where he was. Damn, Bruce was probably freaking out right now. Who knew how much time had passed since he was knocked out. Batman was probably going overboard again in Gotham and that really wasn't good for anyone. Tim shook that thought out of his mind. Or he might not have noticed that Tim was gone yet. Which was unlikely, seeing as it was already daytime when he was fighting previously and the people on board all had American accents, but plausible. That of course didn't mean that they were still in the same time zone, but Tim liked to hope that at least home would be somewhere close by. Add that to the time he spent unconscious... Yup, Bruce was definitely freaking out.

To be completely honest, he was growing bored. After establishing that a forceful escape at the moment would be pointless, waiting just seemed to get more boring. Heck, he'd rather be in another board meeting than be stuck in this tiny cell with nothing to do. At least he had his phone on him in meetings.

Tim glanced at the camera and debated for a moment on whether it would be worth it trying to talk to the person on the other side. It would certainly get rid of his boredom. Who knows? Maybe they might let him go. Besides, if worse came to worst, they'd probably send someone to beat him up to make him stop talking. Good, solid plan, right? Just casually trying to strike up a conversation with his captors. Ten out of ten. Definitely Bruce approved.

Tim paused and shook his head, scrunching his face a little. For a moment, he seriously considered going through with the plan. There were so many things wrong with it and seriously, who could trust an impulsive decision created by boredom? And he was supposed to be the smart brother. Tim swore that boredom really would be his downfall. It pretty much picked up his sense of logic and reasoning and threw it out the window.

Okay then change of plans. Don't be like Jason. You don't know the enemy and there's no way you can go up against that army of soldiers by yourself. Your top priority is to stay safe and contact Bruce.

With that said, Tim stretched his neck and stared at the door.

________________

"So you're telling me that this dude infiltrated the Helicarrier since who knows how long and took out a bunch of SHIELD's trained soldiers?" Tony asked, tilting his head with a dubious expression on his face.

Nick Fury nodded curtly and Tony grinned.

"Wow, that's pretty embarrassing,"

Clint snorted.

They were watching the screen that showed the infiltrator who was simply sitting there, staring at the door with determination in his face. It was honestly a little disturbing to see a guy dressed up in some weird armored body suit just come out of nowhere and just sit calmly inside a cell. The fact that they weren't able to identify the said man from their datasets didn't help the uneasiness go away.

Apparently, they'd tried to take off the mask on his face, but it was impossible without getting shocked or gassed with an unknown substance, so they'd given up for now. Luckily, collecting DNA samples wasn't too hard. They were analyzing it now in the labs downstairs.

Tony glanced behind him at the table that held all of the dude's stuff and turned around to inspect it. It was incredible that he was carrying so much in that costume of his, because that was a lot of stuff. From what Tony could tell from watching the security footage, the guy seemed to carry only half of what was here. But that wasn't the point. Most of the gadgets and items on the table were technologically advanced and Tony was dying to know what everything did and how it worked.

He reached out a hand to grab a spherical object when a hand stopped him. Tony looked up to find Steve frowning.

"How about we don't touch anything that might turn out to be a weapon of mass destruction."

Tony rolled his eyes, but stopped, also not wanting a repeat of Loki's scepter. He turned back around and faced Fury.

"Okay, so the guy's captured and locked up. What should we be doing?" Steve asked.

"I want the Avengers on standby in case he does something suspicious. He's highly trained and dangerous if armed."

Tony frowned and threw up his hands. "So what, we just sit here looking pretty in case he goes berserk or something? Nope, I'm out." he headed towards the exit. "Cap, Clint and Natasha should be plenty to hold him here. I've got a hot date with Pepper so excuse me, but I'm going to leave."

"Stark, you're staying here and that's an order." Fury didn't seem too happy with the arrangements either, but persisted. "He might be after one of y'all so we're checking his responses."

Tony stopped and turned around, sighing in annoyance.

Steve's eyes flickered to the screen with the man, who hadn't moved at all from his position on the cot. He sure didn't want another villain hell bent on destroying the Avengers.

___________

Tim's eyes watered, but he stared determinedly at the door.

His bored brain had won out a tiny part of him and he was now playing a game of 'let's see what's the least amount of time you can blink before this door opens'. So far, he estimated that he had blinked about thirty times in the last hour or so, but he couldn't really be sure because he'd lost track at one point when he thought to himself if this was really how he should be spending his time. Nevertheless, it seemed like the door-staring helped in some way because Tim was somewhat occupied and no longer going insane from boredom, though in all honesty, this was probably the result of that insanity.

He closed his eyes again when the door opened and he blinked several times to get out of his stupor. He stood up.

In front of him stood a tall man with an eyepatch who glared at him before speaking.

"I'm impressed at your determination, but you're not going to be escaping by staring down the door. Now come."