The Encounter

Jungkook contemplated if it was actually worth drowning in student debt that comes from the overwhelming pain of writing a twelve page paper. Especially about a topic that he could really care less about.

But alas, he wasn't blessed with the comfort of depending on his parent's money for his future.

He closed his laptop and groaned while running his hands through his slightly tangled brown locks. His hair had gotten long again reaching just at his chin, not really putting it a huge priority to get it touched up with his demanding school work.

Grumbling, he pulled the hair tie off his wrist and slicked his hair back in a low bun. Some little hairs had escaped that framed his face.

He stood from his desk pushing back his chair and began to stretch, enjoying the pleasure that came from the popping in his joints and back. Walking to his bed, he picked up his phone to check any notifications that had come through. Not that he expected much anyways, he really didn't know many people.

There were multiple messages from Yugyeom letting him know that he was coming by to see him at his apartment. The last message just contained a bunch of different heart emojis.

"Ah, I really hope he brings food," Jungkook says to himself while typing out a simple confirmation text, returning the unnecessary excessive heart emojis.

Yugyeom was Jungkook's closest friend. They met during the first semester their first year in college and they just seemed to click right away. Towards the second semester, they decided to get an apartment together, agreeing that it would be affordable to just split the rent.

They fell into a comfortable rhythm being roommates. It was nice to have someone else to be there to both support and comfort each other when it came to finding the motivation to push through their academics. There were multiple nights where they contemplated their life choices.  Saying "screw it" and becoming strippers was still left on the table.

He also appreciated how Yugyeom just knew whenever he was upset or overwhelmed. It always ended with Yugyeom giving him a very needed hug or would surprise him by bringing lamb skewers to make him feel better. However, there were times where he didn't necessarily want to burden Yugyeom with some of the stress that came with a particular exam or project, so when Yugyeom would ask if he was alright Jungkook would respond that he was perfectly fine. Yugyeom, for some inexplicable reason, always knew he was lying.

Jungkook knew the minute Yugyeom started seeing someone was when he started coming home late, then eventually leading to him coming home days later. Jungkook didn't mind, he was happy for him if anything.

He cornered him one day and demanded that he tell him all about this new lover of his. "His name is Jaebum," Yugyeom had said while blushing, "He's really sweet Jungkook, and I really like him." When he showed Jungkook a picture of him for the first time, he thought his jaw was going to snap off with how fast it dropped. He was insanely attractive and was easily intimidated by the muscles he exhibited.

Yugyeom started spending more and more time with him and when it came to the time he sat Jungkook down telling him Jaebum asked Yugyeom to move in with him, Jungkook wasn't at all surprised and pulled him into a hug congratulating him.

Nearly again having his jaw snap off was when Yugyeom told him Jaebum insisted that he take care of the rent for the apartment so that they're not leaving Jungkook to fend for himself.

"That's insane," Jungkook had responded, vigorously shaking his head. "There's no way I could accept that. He's your boyfriend not mine, hence not making me his responsibility."

Yugyeom had simply placed his hands on his shoulders and looked him straight in the eye, "He may not be obligated to, but you are the most important person in my life," he says while he brushes the hair away from Jungkook's face. "And I'll be damned if I ever leave you high and dry for you to struggle with anything unnecessary. I will always take care of you, Kookie."