In Due Time

After responding back to all of Yugyeom's messages and having an hour-long phone call constantly reassuring him he was okay, Jungkook fell right back asleep.

He woke up to his phone blasting that god-awful apple ringtone as an alarm and was disturbed to realize he slept all through the afternoon into the next morning. A whopping twelve hours of him being in a deep slumber, his body trying to make up for all the stress it went through the last 48 hours.

However, he neglected to remember that despite him finding out that his best friend is a werewolf, somehow getting the attention of royal fucking vampires, and being hunted by said vampires while nearly getting his friends killed, college still demanded his presence as it was another cruel Monday.

Brutal.

He groaned as he turned to his side, reaching over to turn off his alarm and rolled back. He threw his elbow over his eyes to block out the harsh morning light.

"You've got to be kidding me," he mumbles to no one in particular.

After laying on his bed for another thirty minutes hating everything and everyone, he finally got up and started getting dressed.

He winced when he took his first step, feeling an ache all over his body after getting thrown around like a ragdoll in the car incident. Not to mention his eyes were swollen and puffy from still feeling as if he hadn't slept nearly as he did.

All the events that occurred had taken a toll on his body and he could feel it.

Not really having the energy to care about what he wore, he ended up throwing on sweats with a black shirt where the sleeves were baggy and hung right past his elbows.

He unplugged his phone and grabbed it on his way out of his room. At this point, he had enough time to brush his teeth and do something with his atrocious bed head and head out the door. He quickly grabbed his toothbrush and thoroughly brushed his teeth and ran a brush through his hair.

Jungkook grabbed his bag that was still sitting on the side of his desk in his room and speed-walked to the front door, shoving his feet in his Filas, and walked out the door.

As he was walking down, he muttered a quiet "Ah," and turned back around to lock his door. Sometimes, he's notorious for accidentally leaving and forgetting to lock the door properly.

He began his walk to his bus stop and sent a quick text to Yugyeom, as he usually did every morning, and stopped right when he got to his destination.

When he sat down he let out a sigh of relief, the bus hadn't shown up yet so he made it in enough time.

Because he was sitting there with no one in particular around him, his mind began to wander as it usually did when he wasn't preoccupied.

Jungkook couldn't help but think about the six beings.

He remembered when he first walked into the room he felt like a moth drawn to a flame. There was something about them that made him want to draw in closer and get a sense for himself of what it was that made them captivating.

It scared him. They scared him.

Yet again, it could be one of their traits that's part of who they are. They could be purposely stunning so that they can draw you in and strike right when you let your guard down. Ripping your throat out is probably child's play for them.

He shivered at the thought.

His train of thought then began to drift to Seokjin and their conversation yesterday. The way he was so gentle and being overly conscious of not being overbearing was almost touching. It was hard for him to imagine him being someone who could be the cold-hearted killer as Yugyeom had described them to be that had everyone tremble at their name. But yet again, he knew little to nothing about them.