Pursue

Out of all the unpleasant events that happened to him tonight that kept making his heart drop to his stomach, this situation could easily top the list. Yes, meeting the mafia looking men who made Jungkook almost piss himself at first came a whopping second.

A raging Yugyeom, whose anger was directed at him, is making his soul leave his body at the moment.

"Yugyeom, I'm so sorry. There's so much that happened right now that even I can't wrap my head around, but let me explain first," Jungkook had said, trying to make the grave he dug for himself a little less deep.

"Jeon Jungkook, this explanation better be as detailed as a Shakespearen poem to save your ass right now," Yugyeom says as he crosses his arms over his chest, sending him the most deadliest glare that gave Yoongi's a run for his money.

He was screwed.

Rushing in to save him, like the angel he is, was Jaebum.

He came up behind Yugyeom and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Hey, don't be so hard on him. You are the one after all who left him there, no less in a place like this."

Jungkook nodded frantically to agree with him.

Yugyeom sighs, running his fingers through his hair and pushing it back out of his face. Seeming to calm down from his words, he looked back at Jungkook with a much softer look. "I know, I know. But you don't understand the fear that went through me when I came back and you weren't in that spot," he stopped and took a sharp breath, "Then when I asked around where you were and they told me you were in the VIP section, that's when my heart dropped to my stomach. I knew right then you didn't go there by yourself, you were brought there."

Jungkook completely understood why he got worried. Someone like himself, who never speaks to people really unless spoken to, was brought into a swanky VIP section who didn't fit that environment at all. He was worried he was brought there against his will and was being forced to stay.

I mean, he never technically agreed to go with Taehyung. Almost being half carried there with how strong his grip was on his shoulders. It's not like they were forcing him to stay there either, realizing he kind of liked the weird bunch aside from the fact he had a gut feeling he shouldn't. 

But Yugyeom didn't need to know that.

"I'm really sorry, again. I started talking with someone and then he asked me to go with him. So yeah, that's how I ended up over there," he says with a shy smile, rubbing the back of his neck with one hand.

Jaebum gave him a reassuring smile from where he was standing next to Yugyeom. "See, he was able to take care of himself. He's in one piece, right? That's all that matters," he then leans down and places a kiss on his temple.

Yugyeom, for what seemed like the first time in that moment, gave him a sweet smile in return.

At least out of everything that happened tonight, the two lovebirds were able to talk things out.

"You're right. I'm just happy to see that you're fine, Kookie," Yugyeom says, giving him now his endearing smile.

All was well until realization came across his face, and that smile turned into a mischievous smirk. "So you met someone, huh? And he brought you into VIP?" He then started wiggling his eyebrows at him.

Now that was not how he expected this conversation to turn. "No, well I mean, yes. But it wasn't really anything like that. He said I kept surprising him, especially when I accidentally told him I could kick his ass. In return he brought me to meet his friends."

When he finished talking, he noticed the look Yugyeom was giving him looked even more troublesome.

"Friends? Jeon Jungkook, I did not take you to be a player," Jungkook tried to save himself, shaking his head and about to speak, but Yugyeom kept going. "Babe, look at him! He grew up right in front of my eyes," he started sniffing and wiped one of his eyes from the tear that wasn't there.