ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

𝒫𝓇𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝒟𝒶𝓎

~ 𝒮𝒶𝓅𝓅𝒽𝒾𝓇𝑒 𝒫𝒶𝓁𝒶𝒸𝑒 ~

"This way, your royal highnesses." a guard says, leading a group of young teenage girls down an enormous hallway. All the girls were wearing ball dresses of the finest class. They all walked with elegance and beauty, but their faces didn't seem proud or happy at all.

"My feet hurt." a sandy blonde groaned in a whisper. "We feel your pain, Temari, but we have to wear these for our parents." a ravenette replied, and a few of the other girls nodded their heads.

"For you guys maybe, but not me." Another girl with long pale blonde hair said strutting ahead. "I like these heels."

They all rolled their eyes as they were guided by the guard to huge double doors. As the door was opened, by the two guards, who were stationed there, the long-haired blonde turned to them and said, "Besides you shouldn't be complaining, Temari. We've been doing all of this our entire lives. Also Hinata's right, we have to make our parents think we're enjoying the ball." she said, before facing forward once again.

"Please enjoy the ball and your stay here at the Sapphire Kingdom." the guards said, bowing down. The girls bowed, before walking inside the ballroom of the Sapphire Palace. The room was decorated with huge banners welcoming the guests. A beautiful chandelier there were two royal chairs, which were for the king and queen of the Sapphire; King Shikaku Nara and Queen Yoshino Nara.

"Ah, girls, you've arrived." an older blonde woman said, smiling at the group. "Queen Mebuki." All the girls said respectfully bowed, at the queen of the Gold Kingdom, who was also their fellow pink-haired friend's mom. "Sakura dear, can I talk to you for a moment?" the queen asked, turning to the pinkette. "Of course, Mother," she said and turned to her friends. "I'll be back." With that Sakura and her mother walked away.

"I wonder what that was about." The blonde from earlier said as she watched Sakura and her parents. "It was probably nothing, Ino," Hinata said, reassuring the blonde. "I don't think so, Hinata. Sakura seems angry-" Ino said looking at Hinata when her eyes narrowed.

"Hinata," she said in a low voice as she looked behind Hinata. "He's coming."

As soon as those words came out of Ino's mouth, Hinata's smile left her face. "Ino, can you cover for me? I'm going to try talking to my father to escape from him." Hinata whispered. "No can do. He's here now." Ino said, as she gave an apologetic smile, and turned to talk to the other girls.

"Hello, Princess Hinata." a voice called behind the raven-haired girl. Shivers went down the girl's spine and not the good ones. Hinata took a deep breath and turned around to face him. "It is good to see you once again, Sir Toneri." She said, giving out a forced smile.

Toneri was a man of noble blood. Since he came from the Otsutsuki, a noble family well known in her kingdom, the Violet, her father had decided that he was to be her fiance. Hinata had no say in it, and it had been made final, by the Hyuga Council. Toneri had become interested in Hinata, but the same couldn't be said for the princess. Hinata didn't have any love interest at the moment and wasn't interested anyway.

"Indeed, my lady." He said, giving out his arm. The ravenette hesitated, but when she saw her father watching, she grabbed onto his arm. "How have you been lately?" Hinata asked politely. "I've been well, but I feel much better now that I'm with you, thank you for asking. How about you, Lady Hinata?" The girl had to think, before answering. "It's been lovely, as I was able to enjoy some tea and talk with my friends," she said, looking over at the girls.