01. welcome home

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧( FOREVER )ONE━━ Welcome homeˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 恋人┊͙✧˖*°࿐(🚙🚦🏘)

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
( FOREVER )
ONE━━ Welcome home
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 恋人┊͙✧˖*°࿐(🚙🚦🏘)

( PRESENT DAY OCTOBER 17th, 2023 )

     IT WAS INEVITABLE. Briar Langford unwillingly vanished from existence while listening to the distressed voices of the citizens of New York through her TV's news broadcast. There wasn't a single doubt in her mind that for rest of her life, she'd be haunted and traumatized by those terrified screams, the news anchor's morbid farewell to everyone viewing from home, or the feeling of every atom in her body disintegrating one by one until all that was left were minuscule particles of dust.

When Briar arrived home after the field trip, she locked herself in her bedroom trying to figure out if Peter was okay, if he was alive. It was incredibly difficult to do so, considering that Peter wouldn't answer any of Briar's concerned phone calls or text messages.

She gave up after a while and sought out comfort in the soft, sullen hum of the TV and the glow of the sunset peaking through the blinds. When Briar vanished, she didn't get the chance to say goodbye to anyone. Not even her parents, who were just downstairs in the living room. Her legs gave out and disintegrated before she could reach the door handle.

When Briar blipped back, she fell into an exhausted daze. Who knew returning to existence would feel like waking up from a long nap? Her bones slowly regained strength, allowing her to inspect her bedroom.

Or what was left of it.

There were boxes all over the place. Her paintings, clothes, jewelry boxes, and picture frames were all gone. The walls were bare and painted a depressing shade of gray instead of the soft lavender shade it'd been since Briar was a baby. She brushed away the thought and began looking for her phone so she could call MJ, Harry, or Peter, but to no avail. She assumed it was tucked away in one of the boxes.

Instead of wasting more time exploring her upsettingly empty room, Briar raced out of her bedroom in an attempt to find her parents, who she assumed had just appeared too and were just as confused about everything as she was.

She ran through all the rooms upstairs—which were suspiciously even more empty than hers. She dashed downstairs and bursted through the front door to get outside, where she finally spotted her father.

"Dad!" Briar yelled before running speedily across the neatly trimmed lawn towards her dad, who'd been speaking to a man she didn't recognize, it must've been a new neighbor.

James Langford spun around at the sound of the familiar voice, tears gathering in his eyes at the sight of his daughter. As Briar made her way across the yard, she couldn't help but notice that her father's appearance changed since the last time she'd seen him.