ii. trick or treat, freak

_____BAD REPUTATION___

Chicago woke up the morning with a heavy chest. She had hated Halloween since her mother died. Back when Chicago was all but two years old, her and her mother celebrated halloween as the most important day of the year.

The two would spend the morning sewing together to finish Chicago's costume that they had pushed to the side in favor of baking together, followed by watching 'It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown', trick or treating, and eating until they found themselves hanging their head above the toilet.

Since her mothers death, Chicago cried every Halloween while eating M&M's, as they were her mothers favorite.

***

Chicago rolled up to the school to see her favorite Ghostbusters in a heated argument, mostly involving Mike and Lucas. She stopped beside the boys rolling her eyes, what a bunch of idiots.

"Nice costumes, boys" Chicago smiled genuinely, which Mike took to be sarcasm.

"At least we wore one." He spat

"I was being serious dipshit, god, what crawled up your ass?"

"Why can't there just be two Venkmans?" Will suggested, tired of the party arguing

"Because there's only one Venkman in real life, we planned this months ago. I'm Venkman, Dustin's Stanz, you're Egon, Chicago's a disappointment, and you're Winston" Mike exclaimed, angrily gesturing to each person.

"Okay, first of all, i was undeserving of that, and second of all, he didn't agree to that!"

"Yeah, I specifically didn't agree to Winston" Lucas agreed

"Yes, you did!" Mike persisted

"I don't think he did" Will quietly added, Chicago ruffled his hair and gave him a silly smile, Will hated when they argued.

"No one wants to be Winston, man" Lucas sighed

"What's wrong with Winston?" Mike questioned

"What's wrong with Winston?" Lucas asked in disbelief,"He joined the team super late, he's not funny, and he's not even a scientist!"

"Yeah, but he's still cool" Mike insisted

"If he's cool, then you be Winston" Lucas suggested

"I can't!"

"Why not?!"

"Mike, shut up" Chicago hissed, she knew where this was going.

"B-because..." he began

"B-b-because you're not black?" Lucas finished, mocking Mikes stuttering

"I didn't say that!" Mike cried

"You thought it!" Lucas accused

"I didn't say that!" He continued

"Guys, guys, guys!" Dustin shouted, catching their attention,"Why is no one else wearing costumes?"