v. dig dug

_____BAD REPUTATION___

The Byers house was a fucking mess. Chicago was stunned when she walked in and saw the walls, ceiling, and floors covered in blue and black pictures, all connecting into a maze that covered the entire house.

Mike, Chicago, and Will were currently in his room, Will on his bed sweating profusely, the other two looking around at the pictures covering the walls.

"It's like... it's like I feel what the shadow monster's feeling. See what he's seeing."

"Like in the Upside Down?" Mike asked

"Some of him is there. But some of him is here, too."

Chicago cringed and swore under her breath,"Well fuck me."

"Here, like, in this house?"

"In this house and... in me."

She nearly broke down. This kid, one of her best friends, someone who was like her little brother, was practically possessed over something that was partially her fault. He could die because of something that Chicago may have been able to stop had she just been a little bit stronger, a little bit more controlled and none of this would have happened.

"It's like-it's like he's reaching into Hawkins, more and more. And the more he spreads, the more connected to him I feel." Will continued

"And the more you see these now-memories."

"At first I just felt it in the back of my head," Will reached up to his neck,"I didn't even really know it was there. It's like, when you have a dream and you can't remember it unless you think really hard. It was like that. But now it's like... now I remember. I remember all the time."

"Maybe...maybe that's good." Mike slowly looked up to him

"How the fuck did you come up with that?" Chicago exclaimed

"Good?"

"Just think about it, you're like a spy now, a superspy. Spying on the shadow monster. If you know what's he's seeing and feeling, maybe that's how we can stop him." He explained,"Maybe, all of this is happening for a reason."

"You really think so?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I really do."

"Do you?" Will looked to Chicago.

She sighed, still a bit unconvinced, but it made sense,"Yes, I do, but don't hold me to that if everything goes to shit."

Mike smirked a little and Will looked around for a moment, before his gaze settled on a drawing that made a shiver go down Chicago's spine, the shadow monster.

"What if... he figures out we're spying on him? What if he spy's back?"

"He won't."

"How do you know?"

"We won't let him."

Chicago slipped out of the room and into the bathroom. She locked the door and gripped either side of the sink, looking into her glassy eyes that hung heavy on her face. It broke her heart to see Will like that. The pain that was being brought to him by the shadow monster made her so angry, so desperate to help him that could barely contain it, like that feeling you get when listening to a song that hits you so hard you want to do nothing but scream and cry and reign absolute hell on anyone and everyone who hurt you, that feeling.