iii. runaway girl

┄┅✥❉✥┅┄

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

┄┅✥❉✥┅┄

ENOLA HOLMES
            ***

WE BOTH GAVE EACH OTHER SADDENING looks before making our way over to my bed. We sat comfortably on the bed sheets. Both of our heads looked at the ground, a few moments later Lilian spoke, breaking the tension in the air.

"One question—" I tilted my head to look back at her. Confusion consumed my face before she spoke again. "Where am I going to sleep?"

The room remained silent. I was such an idiot. I invited not only a stranger into my sleeping quarters, I also have no idea where she is going to sleep, or even store the little amount of things she brought with her.

"I have no clue,"

"Oh, umm—" I already knew what she was going to say. I couldn't allow her to finish her sentence because it would be wrong for her to.

"— No, you can't sleep on the floor." I finished her sentence. I invited her to sleep here, she shouldn't have to sleep on the floor for gods sake.

"But—" Lilian once again tried to speak, soon citing her off again.

"No. I invited you here. If anything, I should sleep on the floor."

Lilian moved her head to the side, she now faced the opposite direction from where I sat on the bed. "Okay..." Her voice had a sort of defeating tone to it. Hopefully meaning I won this little battle. (I didn't by the way).

"Good. Now we should get you cleaned up." My eyes moved up and down, looking at her tattered dress, and apron in hand. "Let's get you into something from my trunk!"

"No, no, I couldn't." The blonde probably lost the last battle, she now seemed determined to definitely win this one.

"Lilian, it's one dress, so what?" I said while standing up. "Besides, we're roommates now, it's what I should do at this point."

Lilian nodded her head in thanks, giving me the cue to walk over to my trunk. I did just that, walking past the window that provided the light for me to see the clothing in my trunk.

I looked through my trunk to find something comfortable for Lilian, not something super crazy, more simple. I pulled out a blue dress, the blue was replaced with black at the top, and laced with white around the bottom and the long sleeves.

The girl moved her eyes from my trunk to the dress in a matter of seconds, her eyes grew wide. She seemed to love it, hopefully it would fit her.