i. the pub

┄┅✥❉✥┅┄

┄┅✥❉✥┅┄

𝐸𝑁𝑂𝐿𝐴 𝐻𝑂𝐿𝑀𝐸𝑆
             ***

MOTHER LEFT... SHE IS GONE and I may never see her again. As I waved her goodbye, within seconds she disappeared out the window. Hot tears streamed down my rosy cheeks a few moments later, then I froze and began to cry harder, and harder. This continued for a long time, longer than I thought... I tried to breathe but I couldn't catch my breath. As I gasped for air, my tears continued to stream down my cheeks as they got more and more red. I stayed like this for a while.

My life stayed the same. Everyday I would wake up, I would eat breakfast and then read a book. Sometimes a walk would be needed during the day, but not very often. I would then have lunch, followed by dinner.

It was pure exile. Exile that somewhat drove me crazy, thinking about the events that had happened over the course of just a few weeks. After 3 months I had to stop, it wasn't healthy nor was it practical.

The air starting to chill outside only increased my adrenaline. I woke up early that morning. The morning where my new story begins, a new story that changed my life forever.

*****

My eyes slowly opened, the sun revealed itself harshly through the curtains of my room. Shifting my body caused a creak in the bed, as I sat up from it.

"Stupid sun," I said grunting. Placing my hands over my eyes trying to hide the harsh light from my face.

I placed my feet on the ground, ready to start a day that would really change things for me. I started to walk over to my trunk laying in the far corner from the door. Slowing my pace as I crossed the windows path, looking out upon the little view I had of London's streets. The carriages pulled by beautiful horses. The laughter of children, as they ran around playing games. Their mothers yelling their children's names, trying to catch them before they run away. And the husband's set off to work, bidding their families farewell before entering their carriages.

My feet stumbled over my night robes a few times before finally reaching my trunk. I slowly bent over, unhooking the lock, and lifting the lid. My trunk was filled with little things, meaningless to some, but meaning the world to me.

Some seashells I had collected from various shops, books, pressed flowers, and most importantly, clothes. I pulled out a dress that was layered on top of a few others at the bottom of my trunk.

I pulled on the new dress, after taking off my night robes. Leaning over to shake the dress up a bit, trying to get out any wrinkles left from the folded position it was left in previously.

I began to walk towards the door, deciding that I would eat my breakfast at a small pub located just a few minutes from my sleeping quarters. The lady at the front desk recommended it, she explained it wasn't the best place in town, but it was cheap.