ii. roomates?

┄┅✥❉✥┅┄

┄┅✥❉✥┅┄

𝐸𝑁𝑂𝐿𝐴 𝐻𝑂𝐿𝑀𝐸𝑆
             ***

LUCKILY MY BIKE WAS STILL STATIONED outside of the pub. I grabbed the handle bars of my bike, starting to pull it closer to the center of the sidewalk. Walking with it on my right. Just as I was about to make it past an alleyway that was to the side of the pub, I felt something crash into my side.

"Oww!" I yelped, the pain coursing through my side.

My bike had fallen on the ground, close to the edge of the sidewalk. I was also on the ground, almost completely propped up by the side of my bike.

My head snapped around to try and find out who hit me. To my left a dirty blonde girl laid on the ground next to me. It was the waitress from the restaurant?

I left five minutes ago, and already the waitress was done her shift?

The girl quickly brought me out of my thoughts as she spoke. "Sorry," speaking almost in pain. "I wasn't watching in front of me." She also snakes her head up to look at me. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, shortly after recognizing me.

"Done your shift already?" Confusion still set over me, as she probably could tell from my voice.

"Nope, I got fired." She now sounded quite angry, almost as though she hated the question I asked.

The girl slowly brought her hands from her legs, to the ground. Propping herself up, then standing shortly after. She shook off her dress before kneeling down to grab the little money that fell out of her apron pocket.

Once she had picked up all her money, she reached her hand out. Offering me something to grab to help me stand up as well.

I kindly accepted her offer, she then pulled me up so I was standing back on my own two feet. We now both stood facing each other, worry now set over her face.

"What's wrong?" I asked. Not that it was any of my concern, I just was curious.

"I have got— no where to go," During her slight pause, she started to look down the street, gazing over the beautiful housing.

"Where do you— sorry, I'm asking to many things, aren't I?" Never finishing the sentence, as I didn't want to offend her.

"No, it's okay" Modestly replying back to me. "I must be on my way, sorry."

My mind began to once again wonder deep into thought. I felt bad for her, she seemed so kind, losing her job and having no home to go to made me feel even worse. So I did the only logical thing.

"Why don't you stay with me?" I asked. "For as long as you need," The girl had taken a few steps away from me already. She registered my words and snapped her head back to me, her eyebrows now furrowed again.