Something borrowed, something ben Pt:1

"I can't believe it." Riley mumbled as she stared down at the white gown.

She was wrapped in tulle and satin, a veil dangling from her blonde hair. She skimmed her fingertips along the intricate beading of the wedding dress, transfixed by its beauty.

"I'm walking down the aisle in only twenty four hours." She counted.

"Yeah." Bonnie confirmed as she made her final touched on the end of the veil.

"That leaves twenty three hours for you to remember... you're not the bride!"

"Hey, Katie picked me to be her maid of honor for a reason!" Riley argued, fluttering the poofy ballgown shrouding her body.

"I figured it was because she didn't have any other friends and Mia said no." Bonnie mocked

"No! It was because she knew I would get the job done." Riley insisted since it was easier than admitting that Katie didn't have many friends.

"And i said no because I'm not wearing the Ugly maid of honor dress." Mia adds

"And you are doing an excellent job shoving hundreds of almonds into little girly bags." Ben said sarcastically as he helped Tucker scoop chocolate covered almonds into tiny mesh drawstrings bags.

"Oh wait... these are my hands!"

"Hey, I love a wedding." Tucker offered. "There's just something so emotional..."

"Aw!" Riley said sentimentally.

"Wait for it." Mia adds flatly.

"When the ladies start throwing themselves at me!" Tucker finished triumphantly.

"What do you guys think?" This came from Danny, who stepped out of the hallway into the living room.

He was dressed in a powder blue tux without the shirt so his pro hockey player abs were visible. He held the ends of the unfastened tie around his neck and twirled around, the tail of his blazer flying up a little.

"Danny, what are you doing?" Riley snapped, gathering up the skirt of the dress she was wearing in her arms and taking as many frantic steps forward as she could without disturbing Bonnie as she sat on the ground, hemming the veil.

"Breaking it in!" Danny said, as if it was obvious, sniffing the sleeve of his suit jacket.

"Still kind of smells like the last guy who wore it."

"Danny, I thought I told you to get something classy." Riley said, crossing her arms tightly over her chest as she glared at the baby blue suit.

"Don't worry! I'm gonna wear a shirt under it. Super classy. It's got ruffles and everything!" Danny informed her and she growled in frustration, covering her face with her hands.

"Mia??" Riley asked

Mia knew that Riley wanted her to help him get a nice tux

"Oh, by the way, Riles. Is there any way you can put me and Gene at the same table?" Ben interrupted, earning him a roomful of glares.

Gene had been one of Ben's high school friends and he was notorious for pulling pranks and causing trouble.

Whenever Ben hung out with him, Gene always managed to get him in trouble. As if Ben wasn't already doing that well enough on his own.

"Gene?" Riley repeated.

"Gene?! Pig in the girls' locker room Gene?" Mia asked

"Chili powder in my jockstrap Gene?" Danny groaned.