Voices In My Head

After a couple of minute of flying Stiles realised he was definitely not getting any closer. He flew back to the start, gritting his teeth in frustration. So it seemed the curse was forcing him to use the creepy looking bridge.

He supposed he shouldn't have expected it to be that easy.

"I'm going over the bridge to get the mirror peace, stay here. I'll be back soon" He told her.

She nodded shakily but her lip was trembling and she looked close to bursting into tears.

He had no choice though so he just took a breath and without letting himself hesitate he stepped onto the bride.

It couldn't be just a ordinary crooked bridge, he knew this yet he was still surprised that as soon as he was on the bridge his head ached and a wave of dizziness hit him, making him stumble.

He grabbed on to the rail of the bridge to stop himself from stumbling of the edge however he then realised that writing was calved into the dirty, quaking rails that didn't look like they could take a leaf falling on them let alone his weight.

Writing?

Why?

His stomach gave a unpleasant jolt as he registered was the words said.

Beware of your fears.

The line was repeated all along the rail, making a strange pattern if you looked at it from far away.

Now that wasn't worrying at all, nope, not at all.

Just don't worry about that, all you need to do is get the mirror piece Stiles told himself.

He very slowly made his way across the creaky bridge but after a couple of seconds of walking he noticed something strange.

It wasn't getting any further away like before but the closer he got, the more anxious he became.

Like some big disaster was awaiting him.

The feelings increased the closer he got.

Then...

He started to hear screaming.

It wasn't coming from around him but inside his head.

What...?

He could hear his own screaming and crying inside his head.

Stiles could just make out the words being screamed.

He froze on the bridge as he processed the words.

His eyes widening.

Don't leave me.

Don't leave me alone.

Suddenly the words written into the bridge made horrifying sense.

Beware of your fears.

"Dam it!" Stiles growled in frustration and dread.

To test his theory he took a couple more steps.

The voice screamed and cried louder in his head.

Don't leave me.

Don't leave me.

Don't leave meDon't leave meDon't leave meDon't leave me!

His legs suddenly felt rooted to the spot. His hands that were holding the rails on the bridge started to tremble and clench the rails tighter until there was a loud crunching sound.

That brought him back to reality as he quickly let go of the rails that had cracked under the pressure he had been putting on them.

Come on!

Come on!

Move! Those feelings aren't real! You're not that person any more Stiles yelled at himself internally.

The closer he got, the more these feelings persisted. 

His breathing picked up and images of his time in the cell, when his mother left him, when his pack left him, flashed before his eyes.

No!

Get a hold of yourself!

He was so close!

It felt like hours he was struggling with himself though it probably was just minutes.

You're not like that any more but if you don't do this, someone else you care about will leave you Stiles told himself, shouting over the flashbacks and the crying voice about how he just did not want to be alone any more.

"I a-am-" Stiles growled out, he was only a couple of inches from it.

"-Not alone!"

He grabbed the mirror piece then all voices and images went silence.

Stiles let out a gasp and his knees gave way in pure relief as the feelings, crying and images stopped, like it had never happened in the first place

Though feelings of uncertainty welled up inside him, this was only the second door, if the difficulty had been ramped up this much and the tests were going to be like this, trying to pick him apart...

Then what would the other doors hold? And what was the girls purpose in all of this?

Hello, you have no idea how many times I have tried to post this. Hopefully it goes through this time as our internet connection should be fixed which was why I couldn't post in such a long time in the first place. Anyway should be back to schedule. So next chapter should be on Friday then Monday and you should get the gist. I hope you are all well and safe x