The Emperor, the Owl Lady, and the King.

Centuries had passed since the day the king of the monsters arrived, and the boiling isles hasn't been the same since.

The tale of the king's arrival had been passed down from generation, to generation, to generation. The tale of how a small settlement of witches had been saved by a monster king known as Godzilla.

During that time, an emperor had risen to power, a powerful witch by the name of Belos. He claimed that he could hear the titan speak to him, and said that the witches had magic all wrong. Ever since then, the coven system that he established to control different types of magic has become an everyday thing all across the isles. But to disobey the coven system, such as not joining a coven, or practicing 'wild' magic, is punishable by any means the emperor sees as necessary.

Which usually meant being turned to stone.

But there was one problem even the emperor couldn't overcome... Godzilla.

Belos has indeed heard the tale of the mighty monster king that defeated a magma monster before his rule over the isles. He knew that this monster could pose as a possible threat to him, so he formed a secret task force to track down, and figure out a way to stop him.

But he had another problem to deal with.

Ever since the task force was formed, giant monsters have risen to wreck havoc across the isles. Each time that happened, Godzilla rises from the sea to take them head on, and emerges victorious!

This made the citizens of the isles both adore, and fear the king. They feared him for what he was, and his sheer power. But they adored him for defeating giant monsters that threatened their lives.

He crushed a giant crustacean.

(Ebirah)

(Ebirah)

Set a giant spider ablaze.

(Kumonga)

(Kumonga)

And even impaled a giant praying mantis onto one of the titan's smaller rib bones.