Chapter 12

Y/N

I sat under a distant tree behind the burrow. I wanted to distance myself for a while. Fred really upset today and I just had enough of everyone. I heard Hermione call my name but I didn't go towards her voice nor did I look up. The sun was almost done setting and the temperature dropped a little and I shivered at the cool breeze. I needed the wind because after that argument, my fave was hot and red.

I rested my head onto my knees and sat in silence with no thoughts.

"Y/N! Come on we are playing games!" Hermione yelled again.

It was now dark and I couldn't keep ignoring her. I groaned and stood up with the least amount of energy possible. I walked towards the house and hesitantly opened the door.

"What have you been doing outside all alone? We're playing old muggle games," Hermione turned around, "everyone come to the living room I have a perfect game we can play!" She said cheerfully.

Everyone stopped their conversations and turned their attention to her.

"It's called sardines, it's where one person hides and everyone else has to find them. When you find them, you have to hide with them and the first person to find them has to hide in the next round."

"Ooo so it's like hide and seek?" Ron said clearly liking the idea.

"Mhm. Who wants to go first?" She asked.

"I call it!" Fred yelled over the other few voices.

"Okay everyone else come count outside with me." Hermione led the group out front and we closed our eyes to count. Although, I'm sure some of them peeked.

"-and we're done." George said while tuning into the house first.

The rest of us followed right after and something told me to go look upstairs.

Ginny shoved passed me and ran upstairs just like me. I checked the bathroom and searched every possible spot in there. The house became more silent and everyone went their different ways to search for Fred.

I even made my way to their parents room. It always seemed a bit awkward to walk into someone else's parents room. I hesitantly walked around the room avoiding touching anything. I didn't find anything except I came across a book with photos in it. Maybe a family photo book? I opened it to the middle somewhere and saw a picture of all of us. Even I was in the book. I flipped to a couple pages back and I had my very own photo. I smiled to myself and felt warm inside. Mrs.Weasley really thought of me as her own child? I felt the back of my eyes water a little. Why was I about to cry? The thought of someone considering me as their own child was crazy to think. I always thought I didn't belong anywhere.

I heard footsteps coming towards the room to I shut the book and pretended to look around for Fred. Turns out they went to a different room. I walked up the stairs some more and reached my bedroom. Nobody was up here. The door in my room was left open, but I never leave it open. It seemed like I was the first one to reach my room.

Then I saw something unusual under my bed.

I bent over and my heart dropped.

"Ah y/n," he started while turning to his side and shutting the book, "found my old diary?"

"I-" was all I was able to get out.

I completely forgot his diary I left under my bed from the attic. I will admit, I may have read a few pages before I'd go to bed and giggle to myself. I was quiet embarrassed to see he found out my little secret. Not even Ginny or Hermione knew that I found it. If they did, they would steal it and read it to me and make fun of me for being in his old diary.