Chapter 5

Y/N

It was the next morning and it was around 9 am. You stretched your body as your rolled out of bed. Ginny always wakes up before you do, she's a morning person. You looked around and saw no sight of her. The house was also unusually quiet.

You opened the bedroom door to peak out in case you could hear anything.

The house was silent.

You walked down the stairs to see what was going on and the area was empty.

"Morning y/n." Harry said Turing the corner from the kitchen.

"Oh hey Harry. Where is everyone?" I asked looking around.

"They went out to Hogsmeade I guess. Ginny didn't wake you up, she said you were to deep into your sleep."

"That's true, but why didn't you go?" I asked.

"Just wasn't feeling it. Plus, it was probably good I stayed along so you don't get Lonely." He smiled and looked down at the floor.

"Thanks Harry. Wanna make some breakfast?"

We talked in the kitchen as we made breakfast. Harry was surprisingly good at making food, probably because he had to cook for his awful aunt and uncle.

"I know what you're going to say, yes, I do cook a lot." He said laughing.

"Well you're really good at it." I nudged his shoulder.

"I'm never going back there." He said losing his smile.

"The place with your aunt and uncle?" I asked as I paused my cooking.

"Yeah, after what happened before I left, I decided it was a bad idea to return. After all the years of being treated like a house elf, I decided my home was here and at Hogwarts." He said Turing towards me.

"Harry I'm really sorry about your treatment. You don't deserve anything you've been through." I placed my hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry y/n, you don't have to apologize. Everything happens for a reason right?" He looked into my eyes.

I nodded and rested my head on his shoulder as he finished cooking. I truly felt really bad for Harry, he has been through so much and there's basically nothing I can do about it.

I took my head off his shoulder and decided to be a little bold.

I kissed his cheek and went back to cooking my portion of the food. I didn't turn to look at him after and I just pretended like it didn't happen.

He stopped and turned towards me, blushing hard.

"Uhm- I finished cooking the waffles." He said looking at the food. His face was beet red.

I smiled at him and brought over the bacon I finished cooking. I set the table and we both sat down to eat.

"What was that for?" He said breaking the silence.

"What was what for?" I asked. But I knew what he was talking about.

"You....kissed my cheek." He said slowly looking up at me.

"Oh sorry, I guess I just got caught up in the moment, I'm sorry." I felt kind of embarrassed. Did I make him uncomfortable again?

"No no, it's ok, really." He said smiling.

I smiled at him and we continued a different conversation until we finished eating.