Chapter 39 - FINAL

The guests heard a sound of siren from outside, and the staff came in, informing them that an incident had taken place and for them to stay calm.

Alarmed, most guests quiet down. The police came in, introducing themselves and searching the room.

Lynn quickly ran to them, explaining the situation. A couple of medical help were quickly brought out and hurried into the corridors. From the guests view, a wheeled stretcher came out of the corridor, carrying a person on it.

"Y/n?!" Killua spots you on the stretcher and quickly made his way over; however, a policeman stops him, asking him various questions.

"I'm her fiancé! This is our engagement party."

Seeing how angry he was, the policeman steps aside and proceeds with caution from the information you provided about the perpetrator.

Luckily, Lynn also led them to the place you told her, and police were able to make a quick arrest at the hysterical Jane. The man who held onto the door was taken in for questioning as well.

As they were checking things and even the CCTV, they found even more of what was going on. Jane had sneaked in through the back door with a woman who opened it from the inside for her.

In the ambulance, all Killua could think about was how relaxed he felt during the party, and the guilt was overwhelming. Even on this day, he should've let his guard down no matter how happy the occasion was. It was his fault.

He reaches out to touch your cold hand, slightly squeezing it. Seeing your face, he could tell that you had cried. Your wet lashes and the tear streak that had washed some foundation off.

-———-

"Killua, how is she? Is she alright?" Gon says as he pants.

He, Kurapika, and Leorio had just arrived at the hospital. The ER was not in session anymore, so they felt a bit of relief, yet Killua was there, sitting alone and clenching his ball of fists.

When Gon had gotten closer, he could see visible tears on his best friend's face. The kind of face that he had never thought he would see was on Killua's face.

Seeing him like this, he was worried, so he shook Killua and asks what had happened.

"Heh... all was for naught... How fragile. Gon.. I couldn't even protect her. I can't even save her. How will I go on without her?" Killua's tears quietly streams down his cheeks.

Gon was shook as he took his hand off Killua. He was in disbelief. Tears swells in Gon's eyes as he grabs Killua by the collar and asks one more time, "What do you mean?! Where is she? Why are you here?"

"Do you even have to ask.. to know?" Killua says.

Gon's grip on Killua's collar finally loosens, and his hands swings by his side. A heavy silence could only be felt. Kurapika's hand pats on Gon's shoulder.

There was a huge hole in Killua. He had blamed himself for being careful enough. It was enough that you had recently just been chased by a stranger, but now... you were gone.

You were so alive just a few hours ago. To think that now it was the opposite.

"Due to excessive list of blood, she, unfortunately, could not be saved. If only the patient hadn't moved around as much to prevent blood loss, then maybe.."

It was the most devastating thing he has ever heard. Your body has gone cold now, and there were no life.

Gon sat next to him, devastated as well, but not as severe as Killua. Words could not be said among the group, and it was suffocating.