Extra

Our frail hearts, including mine, couldn't handle the ending, so I made a short sequel. Enjoy!

You felt like you were forgetting something. It had always felt like this ever since before you knew it. It wasn't like this feeling was necessary, but it just felt out of place.

"What's wrong?" Your mom asks you as she comes into the kitchen with a yawn.

"Sorry, mom. I must've been a bit too loud." You said as you sip on your mug.

"Don't stay up too late. You know how worried your dad and I get whenever you start to act like this.." Her brows raises in concern.

"Oh, don't worry. It's not about that. I was just getting a cup of hot chocolate, since I couldn't really sleep." You assure her that nothing was going to happen.

"Alright then."

Your mom soon walks away and into her room, closing the door behind her. Seeing her door close, you quietly sigh a breath of relief. It was true that you couldn't sleep, but those thoughts and feelings were what kept you up.

Ever since young, you've been saying things that your parents couldn't understand. Sometimes you cried without a reason, and other times, you said that this place wasn't home. You just looked so lifeless sometimes that your parents often worried.

Due to this, your parents often spoil you, but nothing ever seem to work out. To them, it felt like if they didn't get you to attach yourself to something, you would just disappear and go away one day. They were worried that they would lose you.

However, to you, this place was 'home,' yet it didn't feel quite right for some reason. It felt like someone is always missing. Though, you don't know who is missing, you missed them.

You were already turning 24, yet you could never seem to find an end to this. Despite already owning a place, you came over to visit your parents and stay for the night.

Your hand went over your stomach where a birth mark was at. It wasn't a circle like many others, but a long slanted mark. It had never looked pretty or unique to you.

Taking your jacket, you zip up half way and went out the door, hoping to refresh your brain.

As you walk around the neighborhood, you spot a guy sitting beneath one of the street light poles. Since it was a Main Street, there were still a few people, but they were either glancing at him as they past by or completely ignoring him.

You approach the guy. He was wearing light clothings and did not look homeless. His head hung down, not acknowledging your presence.

"Are you okay? Do you need help?" You ask him as you squat down to his eye level.

He didn't look at you nor did he say anything. You tap on his shoulder and realize how cold his body was. Afraid that he wasn't alive, you check his pulse, making him startle.

When he finally look at you, you felt something stirring inside you. He was a handsome young man with blue eyes. Because of a bruise on his face, you didn't know what else to say.

Taking off your jacket, you put it around him, saying, "It's cold tonight. Make sure to get home safely. I don't know what happened, but you should stay at one of your friends or a motel. I have a bit of cash with me in that right pocket if you need."

A sense of deja vu overcame you, as if you had done something similar to this. You shook it off and stood back up.

The man held your hand, locking eyes with you.

"Have we... met before?" He asks.

Before you could answer, you notice that he was crying. His tears were spilling out, and he realizes that he was crying, so he hurriedly let go of your hand.