Frog Dissection

"No violence on school grounds," Ishimaru shouted out, "and no loitering in the halls before class!"

Two rough looking boys, one significantly taller than the other, groaned as Ishimaru made his way to them with stiff strides. These two trouble makers were Oowada Mondo and Kuwata Leon, well-known offenders to the Ultimate Moral Compass himself. Ishimaru already had a pad of yellow slips and a pen out before a word could be said.

"This idiot was speakin' on sensitive issues," the taller one, Oowada, began, "so I had to put 'em in his place! You understand right?" He explained himself in a rushed and desperate tone. This wasn't his first offense with Ishimaru recently, and he knew he was at a big risk of detention. However, his pleading had no effect as the shorter hall monitor began writing on his yellow slip.

"Well, Mondo started it!! I was innocent in the 'violence', actually," the even shorter one, Kuwata, frantically explained, starting to paint a pseudo-frown on his pathetic face, "I was actually hurt pretty bad... this isn't the first time Mondo has... has..." Before the impromptu pity party could begin, a yellow slip was shoved in Kuwata's face.

"I don't care," Ishimaru said, audibly and visually frustrated, "this isn't the first time... no, not even close. And plus, you are still guilty of loitering! Get to studying, and maybe I can assist you with your failing grades in detention today!" After Kuwata took the yellow slip right in front of his face, another was presented in front of Oowada's. They both groaned after reading "After-school detention" neatly written into the punishment section of the slip.

"I'll remember this," Oowada grumbled, turning on his heels to begin walking to class. "Let's go, idiot," he said, turning to Kuwata with a swift snap of his neck.

"Yeah, yeah..." Kuwata said, giving in, clumsily turning around and walking to class with his hands shoved in his pockets. Ishimaru noticed Oowada's eyes stare him down with malice before tearing away from him and walking to class behind the baseball star's goofy strides.

This wasn't Ishimaru's first run-in with the duo... no, actually, it was mostly both of them who made him pull out his yellow slips. He counts every warning after giving them detention. Lately, he's allowed three or so warnings before sending them to detention, but he started out with just one. That was before he found out just how little they seemed to care. In his eyes, they were a lost cause.

At first, he wondered if it could be each other's presence that causes them to act that way. He's seen it a lot before; two boys are perfectly fine and rule-abiding on their own, but together, they enable some sort of ugly instinct that makes them break the rules. But that wasn't the case. Oowada was a natural born rule breaker, being the Ultimate Gang Leader and all, and Kuwata was just stupid.

It was disheartening, seeing people who have at least some talent fail to follow simple rules. After all, it's so simple for him! Rules are his guidance in life, they make him who he is. It's so easy for him to just go about his day, as it's all planned out for him. The only thing he was missing was the camaraderie he saw between Oowada and Kuwata. He wondered if it was because their names rhymed... not really, but sort of. What name has a similar ending sound to Ishimaru?

Actually, it was time for class, so there wasn't time to worry about silly things like that. He shook the thought out of his mind as he made his way into the classroom. One, two, three, four... only fifteen students were present. He walked to his seat as he simultaneously scanned the room, trying to figure out who was missing... it was Oowada. Of course. Even after personally sending him to class, he skipped anyway. Strangely enough, Kuwata was present, his arms crossed and his eyes closed as if something bothered him. Ishimaru started to think about what exactly caused their fighting in the hallway earlier.