How to Avoid Detention

Kuwata was starting to get on Oowada's nerves. Oowada recently had a falling out with his ex-girlfriend who was in her second year, and it was a touchy subject for him at the moment. He wasn't really feeling her, so to speak. They just weren't compatible, and he didn't feel much around her... he wished they could still be friends, but that wasn't easy for her, so they just cut ties entirely.

Kuwata, however, was completely oblivious to his pain (or just really insensitive) and kept begging him for details. This is what caused their fight in the hallway that caught Ishimaru's attention. Kuwata had said something along the lines of "was it 'cause she's ugly?", and Oowada exploded.

"No detention!?" Kuwata called out in disbelief, "that was easier than I woulda thought!" Oowada had just told Kuwata about Ishimaru lifting their punishment after class. He brought up a good point: that was really easy.

"All I had ta do was cut up a toad," he said, catching himself, "a frog, actually." Kuwata snickered at the correction, but Oowada paid it no mind. "But I do have an idea." The ginger snapped his head to look at him, as this caught his attention.

"What's your idea?" Kuwata asked, leaning on the locker next to him. "I don't think there's no more frog dissections after the one, so-"

"'Course that's not my idea," he interrupted, closing his eyes and shaking his head in disbelief, but only for a moment, "my idea is that we befriend the little freak." Kuwata 'oh'ed in understanding, to which the biker chuckled at.

"Well, you called him a freak, which might need to change if we carry out the plan," Kuwata pointed out, raising a finger as if he was bringing up a complex point of discussion, "but are you sure that would work?"

Oowada thought about that. He thought of this idea as he cut up Ishimaru's stupid frog, but he wasn't sure why he convinced himself that this was a full proof plan. It just seemed to make sense to him. What he didn't want to admit, however, was that he wanted an excuse to befriend him.

"Think about it," he began, also leaning on the locker next to him in preparation for his explanation, "the guy has no friends, and he folded so easily when I did somethin' small for him. If we got in his head, he wouldn't punish us so damn much." Kuwata started nodding in agreement.

"How do we befriend him? He's so hard to talk to," the ginger asked, deep in thought over something so simple. Oowada shook his head in response. He seemed to have everything planned out.

"We'll get him to tutor us!"

"Nah."

Oowada stared at him blankly, dumbfounded. This situation seemed a little similar... but that didn't matter, because he didn't understand why this was such a big deal, and why his friend had to ruin his master plan.

"That's such a big time commitment, man!" Kuwata explained, backing up with his hands up to protect himself. He definitely knew what Oowada's reaction meant. "I'm not suddenly gonna study well for a plan that might not even work. Imagine it: we become best buddies, and he still punishes us!"

The gang leader shook his head, visibly disappointed. He stormed away from the baseball star, leaving him in silence. Kuwata let out a sigh of relief, as he was free from any kind of violence from Oowada, but the biker was going to make him pay. He just had to change one little thing about the plan.

Well, after school that is.

___________________________________