"Bro-mance"

After recent events, Mondo decided that his plan was still in motion, but not as sinister now. Hanging out with Taka was actually fun - he was enjoying himself! For whatever reason, (even though they couldn't be more different,) they thrived in each other's company and gave the other something they didn't have. The lack of detention was just an added bonus.

Ishimaru Kiyotaka, the stuck up hall monitor, the ultimate moral compass who couldn't do anything out of society's comfort zone never had any friends growing up. He was always too much of a stickler for the rules of anything and everything, so the other kids would find him annoying. And so, Mondo was able to give Taka friendship.

Oowada Mondo, the gang leader, the biker who couldn't follow the rules even if he wanted to. He's always been someone who doesn't care about anything, so his studies have always failed. Mondo built the habit to do anything but his studies and always procrastinate during his time off. He was also in bad company, his friends being the same type as him. And so, Taka was able to give Mondo the motivation to study.

Together, they were unstoppable! But, the school started to notice to unusual pair talking to each other more often.

"That's kinda totally suspicious, right? Or is it just me?" This was muttered between two students as Mondo and Taka laughed, giggled, and playfully punched the others' shoulders before class. The exchange was between an odd-looking girl with big hair and an intimidating girl with short, black hair. This was Enoshima Junko and Ikusaba Mukuro, paired together at birth as twins.

"Who cares," Ikusaba muttered back, chilling on the desk with her hand holding up her face by the cheek. She wasn't asking, she said it more as a statement. The other one groaned and flopped back in a fit.

"Awwww, come on!! Isn't it interesting?" Enoshima asked, creeping up behind Ikusaba and motioning towards Mondo and Taka. "I mean, before, they were like, yknow, not friends! And now, they're inseparable!"

Ikusaba didn't respond.

"I can feel it," Enoshima whispered in the others ear, squinting her eyes and using her fingers to mentally squish their heads, "yeah, this will be fun."

Suddenly, the teacher barged through the door, breaking this awkward moment, but also the moment between Mondo and Taka. The teacher chuckled silently to himself as both pairs quickly shuffled back to their seats, pretending like nothing happened.

The school day wasn't particularly a long one for either of the two. Mondo was finally starting to get into his studies, and Taka always enjoyed his time in class. After the day ended, they waited for their classmates to leave for their daily time with the teacher, but they never did. Instead, they grouped around the pair.

"Say, what's up with you two?" Kuwata asked, stroking the goatee hanging by a thread off his chin. "Are y'all, like, best friends now!?" The others nodded in agreement, Mondo's face going slightly pink. Taka noticed that... was he ashamed of being friends with him?

"Yeah, I noticed too," Maizono added, not saying much, but still showing that it was very noticeable for everyone in their class.

"It's quite suspect, might I add," Enoshima proclaimed in a mockingly regal tone. She giggled at herself through the awkward silence, returning back to normal. "Isn't that something... a god forsaken 'bro-mance!'" The term 'bro-mance' won over some of the more immature guys as they snickered and silently agreed amongst each other.

"Why's it such a damn problem!?" Mondo snapped loudly, "like, forreal, mind your own business." The loud profanity caused the teacher to get up and intervene, causing a rift in the little circle that had formed around the two.

"I must ask if you would all leave them alone," the teacher said, sighing, "Ishimaru has gotten Oowada on a better lifestyle now. He's finally starting to get into his studies." He turned around to face Hagakure to say, "maybe some others should befriend Ishimaru as well, hm?"

The crowd broke apart as they all left, except for a rather rough looking Kuwata. He was rubbing his temples as if something had gotten on his nerves, finishing by squeezing the bridge of his nose.

"I can't believe you're a nerd now," the ginger began, sighing very distastefully, "I thought you were just gonna get us out of detentions. Well... whatever." Kuwata walked off with confidence as if he knew what he was doing, not looking back to notice Taka's eyes tearing up. Mondo groaned, breathing in to start talking, but stopped suddenly after meeting Taka's gaze.

"Just to get you out of detentions...?" That was meant to sound like a genuine question, but it was strained, his pained voice speaking volumes. He couldn't get out more than a mutter.

"Hey, hey, hey now, it's really not like that," Mondo said reassuringly, placing a hand on the others shoulder.

"Then what is it like?"

Taka looked up at Mondo hopefully, hoping for an explanation, hoping that Kuwata was just speaking out of his ass, but... it didn't come, as Mondo just started stuttering and raising his voice. It didn't take Ultimate Detective Kyoko, who had stayed behind to be a witness at the scene, to understand he was lying.

Taka furiously shook his head, tears leaving his eyes. He forcefully shoved Mondo's hands off of him as he calmly walked out of the classroom. The teacher grunted in disapproval. This was the first day that Taka hadn't come to talk to him after classes, so he wasn't sure if Mondo was as good as an influence for Taka as it was the other way around.

Mondo simply rolled his eyes. He didn't really have time for this, and he had convinced himself he didn't care. However, he hadn't quite convinced neither the teacher nor Kyoko. The gang leader made his exit by storming out of the classroom, his face showing no emotion.

"What do you think all that was over?" The teacher asked. His tone sounded just a tiny bit more interested then usual, but he still sounded very dry. Kyoko laughed silently, covering her mouth with a limp hand.

"I have my suspicions."