Ch 1. Dead Inside

It was just another day at the office for Y/N. She was just sitting there on her computer dying inside. You know the usual. 

"At least I get paid enough to feed and shelter myself." She thought sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

All interest in her work gone, she began looking for literally anything else to do instead of staring at that damn computer. Endless days of programming systems for joja Corp have definitely left a hole in her heart, and worst of all she doesn't think it can be filled anymore. Out of boredom, she began spinning in her swivel chair slowly. 

"Uuuugghhh" she groaned aloud.

"Fuck this I'm tired of dying inside just to have enough money to exist!" She thought angrily.

But she isn't angry she's just afraid. Afraid of dying at a meaningless desk job for evil inc. "Alright old man I need you to come through for me now." She opened a drawer under her desk and dug around a bit until she pulled out a wax-sealed envelope given to her by her grandfather. She thinks back to when he gave her this letter, he had fallen ill and was talking to her from his bed. 

"Y/N, there will come a time where you feel crushed by the burden of modern life… and your bright spirit will fade before a growing emptiness. When that happens my girl you will be ready for this gift."

Taking a deep breath she broke the seal and read the letter enclosed.

"If you're reading this you're in dire need of change. The same thing happened to me long ago. I'd lost sight of what matters most in life… real connections with other people and nature. So I dropped everything and moved to the place I truly belong."

The letter contained the deed to a plot of land in a town called Stardew Valley.

"Wait.. no way." She thought hesitantly to herself. 

A real fully bonified, get out of jail free card. Thoughts racing at the possibilities, waking up in the morning and walking out to fresh air instead of the smell of exhaust as soon as she set foot out of her apartment, such a small town probably has a tightly knit community. She might make some friends!
"Honestly when was the last time I had a conversation with a human that wasn't a co-worker?" She racked her brain and the conclusion was her mother had called to wish her a happy birthday about a month ago.
She shook her head vigorously to get back on task. She shut down her computer collected her things and just walked out with no intention of ever returning. 
She arrived home and immediately went to look up bus tickets to stardew valley.

"Damn this isn't even that expensive!" She thought becoming even more excited.
She bought a ticket for the first bus there in the morning. She packed up what little she had and put it all in a box and placed it next to her front door. She laid out her clothes for tomorrow morning on the bed and proceeded to crawl under the covers. Too excited to sleep she thought back to her childhood memories of visiting her grandfather. His little cabin is surrounded by a thick forest with a couple of ponds. It's been so long she only remembers bits and pieces of it, but she does remember having friends her age there. 3 boys, one had short brown hair and a handsome face, one had BLOND hair that was always kinda goku looking, and the third boy was pale with black hair.

"Omg… boys my age.." suddenly her mind was flooded with words like boyfriend, kissing, rejection, sparks, etc etc. 

"Alright Y/N calm your tits!" She chided herself.

"You don't even remember their names so they probably don't remember you either, and just because they're your age and have a dick that doesn't make them a potential boyfriend! WHERE ARE YOUR STANDARDS WOMAN?!" still mostly thinking but half muttering to herself aloud.

"Be realistic breathing is your only standard at this point." She sighed and rolled over finally ready to let sleep take her.

Her alarm woke her an hour before the bus was scheduled to leave. She put on her clothes ate some breakfast and brushed her teeth. 

"Still have a half hour to kill before I have to leave," she thought, already getting impatient.

"Maybe some makeup? Eh, no don't wanna look super good on my first day and make everyone's standards too high. Guess I'll just look at memes." she decided.

The time for her to leave was finally here. She walked to the bus station just a few blocks away from her apartment. When she arrived she went to the desk and was told to sit until stardew valley was called. She looked around the empty bus station for a few minutes and then heard stardew valley be called and she frisked herself to the door. Boarding the empty bus she took a seat in the middle and stared out the window.

"I can't wait to have a life." She thought feeling a weight come off her shoulders as Zuzu city faded away.