SEVEN.

𖤐 ˚ . 𖤐 ˚ .
chapter seven―act one !
( old faces & awkward tension )

༄↯ chapter seven―act one ! ( old faces & awkward tension )

IT'S HARD NOT TO MELT AS YOU GAZE INTO THE EYES OF THE ONLY PERSON– who ever made you feel normal. She told him that she doubted their goodbyes as if to acknowledge the idea that they would indeed meet again. She never assumed that they would cross paths too soon, yet the faint smile on her face said otherwise. It was as if a dozen butterflies entered her stomach as her hazel eyes locked with the ocean blue eyes that made her melt.

    And yet, it was as if time stopped as she felt her whole soul melting as she gazed up at him. Had it not been for her brain keeping her upright, Aiyanna would have felt her knees buckle up as she would fall to the ground —possibly fainting. Not that it mattered, he saved her from worse.

"Sokka," she finally spoke as her voice dipped into honey as she mustered a warm smile on her face, trying to compose herself from pulling him into an embrace and kissing his face.

The boy from the Southern Water Tribe only smiled back at her. He didn't hesitate from pulling her into a hug.

Wrapping his arms around her torso, she felt his fingertips touch the small of her back. His touch was soft and comforting, as much as she didn't want to return the embrace, Aiyanna found her arms using a mind of their own. And she closed the space between them, resting her head on his chest, intaking the smell of what seemed like seawater mixed with some sort of herbs.

She could rest her head on his chest all day if she had to. Only if it meant that he would run those calloused hands through her thick locks of dark brown hair like he was doing right now. If time could stop once more, please let it be at this moment.

    The teasing whistle of what probably came from Dyami said otherwise.

    Interrupted from a very dear hug, the teenage girl jumped out of Sokka's arms. She could only imagine the vibrant shade of red her face was turning into as Dyami and Jiang made their way to the entrance of their home. It was as if she felt her face was on fire (which was quite ironic considering the fact that she was a firebender) and tiny flames danced on her face from the embarrassment she had just walked into.

    Although Aiyanna had just met Jiang and had known Dyami for a short period back when they resided with the rest of the Northern Water Tribe, there was no doubt that they were the type of duo to make a sort of mockery out of such displays of affection. Not that it would make much sense seeing that they would literally hold hands and show whatever forms of affection right in front of her face. But it was quite clear that they were here for some sort of a laugh. Especially as her attention gazed to the two young adults who had smug smirks on their faces.