FIVE.

𖤐 ˚ . 𖤐 ˚ .
chapter five―act one !
( tea & boyfriends )

    AS SHE PARTED AWAY FROM THE BOY THAT RECENTLY— stole her heart, a playful smile crossed Aiyanna's lips as she made her trek to Ba Sing Se solo

AS SHE PARTED AWAY FROM THE BOY THAT RECENTLY— stole her heart, a playful smile crossed Aiyanna's lips as she made her trek to Ba Sing Se solo. The wind billowed, tousling her dark locks of hair up with the breeze as it did so. And yet, she pressed forward amidst every thought that told her she should have stayed with Sokka and his friends. Stupid, stupid.

    Shaking the idea out of her head, the young woman bit her lip as she tried not to think about the boy that had captivated every ounce of her heart. It was one thing to be thankful for the help that Sokka had given her during their time in Serpent's Pass and yet, her heart couldn't help but feel like it was swarmed with butterflies the more her mind crawled back to recall his crooked —but heartwarming— smile.

    The rest of the trip to Ba Sing Se wasn't at all compared to the trip across the Serpent's Pass, if anything, Aiyanna wished some sort of chaos would come crashing in front of her. Instead, she was engulfed in the embrace of the wind, her locks of hair continue to fly with the breeze as she pressed forward on the path that would lead her to a new life.

Her hands tingled with a jolt of warmth as Aiyanna found herself joining a crowd of refugees who had recently come off of the ferry. Fearing that her hands were going to produce a flame, the young woman anxiously held her bag as she tried to soothe her thoughts. Using her firebending had already drained most of her energy (because she sucked at it for one thing) but now it seemed that she unlocked more of her chi. Which in turn, unlocked more of the fire that was inside of her.

And yet, she didn't let it get the best of her.

"Last call for Ba Sing Se!"

Aiyanna found her legs taking larger strides as she hastily made her way to the train. Taking a seat on the train, the young woman let out a small sigh of relief. Her eyes glistened with a beam of happiness as she could sense the start of a new life that would begin only mere moments from now. Soon, she would be able to put the past behind her, forget that she was ever a firebender and live a normal life.

After all, all she ever wanted was to be normal.

𖤐 ˚ .𖤐

HER STOMACH YEARNED FOR SOME SORT— of food. As it turns out, the Lower Ring had not done just to a minor like herself. Without adult supervision, she was dumped on the streets of the poorest part of Ba Sing Se. No food, no money. All she had was her bag and a hungry stomach that growled with every step she took.