ONE.

𖤐₊ ˚ . 𖤐₊ ˚ .
chapter one ― act one !
( serpent's pass )

     TERROR IS NOT SOMETHING YOU SEEK, RATHER IT SEEKS YOU― the words would echo in the young girl's ears to which she only let out a haughty laugh at her father's old saying

     TERROR IS NOT SOMETHING YOU SEEK, RATHER IT SEEKS YOU― the words would echo in the young girl's ears to which she only let out a haughty laugh at her father's old saying. Yet the words would only strike the heartrending truth that broke her away from everything she knew. Aiyanna learned this at a young age, but never did she think that terror would come for her instead.

    And yet, there she stood, years older than when she first her father's saying, her dark locks of hair tumbling behind her shoulders as they followed the breeze of the currents that made her hair fly. Maybe there was a time where she could look at the beautiful waves of water with peace. But not anymore.

   Aiyanna tensed up and crossed her arms over her chest as she winced at the beautiful sight. It only reminded her of what she lost. The truth was that terror had indeed sought her out when she was a child, with her father's protection Aiyanna was safe from the terrible secrets she had grown up without knowing. But all of that was gone. She knew the truth now.

   The Northern Water Tribe beads still held their place in her hair, regardless of the fact that they symbolized her people, (well, they used to anyway) she never had the courage to take them off. After all, it was the only thing close to remind her of home. Even that was torn away from her now. Everything she ever knew was nothing but lies, her people saw it, her father knew it and she was the last one to know about the horrid secrets. Of who she was.

   After the can of forbidden secrets was finally released, the pieces to Aiyanna's puzzle of self-identity was complete. Only for it to shatter into a million pieces once more.

   The teenage girl continued to watch the waves, her eyes skimming to see her reflection in the waters as she remained on the barren and rocky path. There stood a fifteen teenage girl, with long choppy locks of dark brown hair and fair brown skin. You would think that including the pale blue split side dress she wore, she was sure enough to be from the Water Tribe.

    And yet, she had vibrant amber eyes that danced like the sun. The one feature that differentiated her from the rest. She may have looked like a person from the Water Tribe, only Aiyanna never acted according to the ways of her nation. More of another reason for her to be exiled.

    Aiyanna's lip jutted out in a pout the more she looked at her reflection, her heart sinking the more her reflection showed nothing but a broken teenage girl in the midst of her terrors. "Stupid fucking water," she hissed as she shot a flame of fire at the water below, watching her reflection ripple.

    Her amber eyes locked with the barren path that was her only option to start her new life. Flickering over to a small inscription that read: abandon hope. A weary smile flashed on her face as she threw her hair up in a ponytail, the beads dangling with the rest of her choppy locks of hair.