Fame < Infamy

Thursday Early Noon, April 22nd, 1999

Reimi pushed you out of the alley with tears in her eyes as she was still very emotional when it came to the citizens her murderer killed. "G-Go home, or school, wherever you need to be. Just s-stay safe," She choked out as she hugged you from behind. You turned around to look at here, but the alley was already gone.

Your mind turned back to the ghost of your manager. Was it really her? The hair was the same, and her face was full with shock as she was murdered. Remembering her body more, you noticed how her right hand had been amputated. It was just no where to be seen. Your body shuddered as you imagined how she felt at the time.

Not thinking, you ran back to work, which was clearly a stupid decision because your workplace was still pretty far away. Nonetheless, you ran all you could before stopping, and looking for another bus that can take you there. You panted heavily as you tried to catch your breath. The wheels of the bus approached the bus stop where your tired ass panted. You knew you looked kind of stupid right now, but if that really was the ghost of your manager, would the murdered be one of your coworkers? Maybe they broke in? Was it possible that the murderer also had a stand?

You mumbled to yourself as the bus driver gave you a weird look, to which you ignored because you had no time for that. You took your seat, the bus actually leaving a little late so you could take your seat thankfully. "Can we just please book it to Kameyu Department Store? I really need to be there." You asked the driver. The bus again was pretty empty, so you didn't mind people having to stop anywhere else.

"No can do. I've got people to pick up, missy. Now you best wait for your turn. Kameyu Department Store is only ten minutes away with all the stops." The driver responded, his eyes staying on the road. You scoffed, knowing that the driver didn't know how urgent your situation was. You could possibly catch the murderer today!

"Please! It's an emergency!" You cried as the bus turned painfully slow.

"Alright, but the two hundred, and ten yen fee isn't going to cut it." The driver bribed you, and you took it without hesitation as you pulled your money out.

"Okay, okay, I'll do it. Just take me there now!" You replied as you found about three hundred more yen in coins. You were hoping that was enough to cover it if he wasn't asking for outrageous prices, to which you would then complain that a ten minute drive there shouldn't cost that much.

Hearing your reply, the bus driver pressed on the gas pedal, and hurried to the department store. He didn't know why you needed to get there so badly. He couldn't help, but a slight pervert as he imagined you trying out clothes there or somethings. He looked back at you in the mirror with a smirk which you glared at, and then ignored.

The bus finally stopped at a bus stop near the store. You gave him your coins, and turned to leave the bus before the driver grabbed your hand. The driver placed something in your hand as he winked at you. "Call me sometime," He spoke with a smirk.

You grimaced as you looked at the greasy driver. You didn't respond as you yanked your hand out from him grasp, and stepped off the bus. Again, nearly tripping on the step. Your prepared for your face to make contact with the cement as the bus then drove away quickly. Something looped around your waist in caught you however. You stood up straight, looking at whatever grabbed you. Looking down at your waist, the figure wasn't there anymore as you didn't see anything, nor felt anything. You quickly shrugged it off as you ran into the store through the front sliding doors.

You'd never enter these doors on the job, so it felt strange entering through there then going straight to the back. You entered the back rooms, where customers were prohibited from going into as your eyes met with the locker room. Some people you didn't recognize were getting ready for their nine am shift. They gave you a weird look. You ignored them as you didn't see your manager in the crowd. If she wasn't in there, then you still had her office to check.