Two Time

Friday Morning, April 23rd, 1999

You woke up the next morning to the delicious scent of breakfast. Had your dad finally come home? Your dad would make breakfast for you nearly everyday, having to work late nights, and then wake up extra early so you could have something good to eat before to school. You had a grin on your face as you couldn't wait to go down, and eat what your father had made for you.

You took the covers off of your face as you took notice of the strange room. You've never seen anything like it. Just who's house were you in?

You got out of the cozy sheets. The clock on the nightstand read six fourteen. You were surprised you woke so early. Not getting enough sleep was the least of your worries right now as you scoured your mind for who's house you were in. You saw the clothes you were wearing tomorrow cleanly washed, and dried as they laid folded on the nightstand next to you. Looking down at your own attire, you saw you were wearing a light nightgown in your favorite color. You never owned anything like it, so someone had taken your clothes off, and dressed you in this!

The yummy scent of the food cooking downstairs covered the entire house as you heard the sizzling of something cooking on a pan. The floor was slightly cold to the touch, but your socks protected you as you tip toed out of the room. The door was wide open, not because someone forgot to close it, but because the other person residing in the house was waiting for you to come out. You made your way to the door quietly as your memories soon came back.

'The night before...' Yoshikage had taken you out to eat after you were injured by that brat in Kameyu. You didn't have any wounds, but the soreness in your legs told you your legs were hit in that fight. Outside the open door, you have a good view of the bathroom, and part of the living room. Across the living room, you noticed the corner of a kitchen table that proved the kitchen was located over there. You frowned as it wasn't your father cooking again.

You looked back at the bed you were sleeping in. Your side of the bed was messed up as you moved the blankets to get out. The other side of the bed was neatly made. Looking around the room, you notice that it looked very personal compared to a guest room. Walking back into the room, you see picture frames of what looked like Yoshikage, and a couple other people you figured were other coworkers, or friends of his. You smiled as all the other people in the image were smiling, and having the time of their lives while he just stared at the camera with a blank look.

"What are you doing?" A male voice echoed came from the door way. You put the picture frame down immediately, a little bashful that you were caught snooping around.

"S-Sorry.." You told him, your cheeks reddening as you hid you face in your hands. Peeking through your hands, you saw that he wasn't wearing his usual suit he seemed to always wear. He had been wearing a light grey sweat shirt, and some comfortable looking black pants. He had matching white socks on.

He let out a sigh. He really wanted to come hug you then, and there, but you needed to eat your breakfast, and get ready for school. Your friends' suspicions would be raised if they noticed you were absent for two days in a row.

'It's okay. Just come over, and eat." He told you, then turning around, and heading to the kitchen. You nodded before he turned.

You stood there for a moment, still in disbelief that you were in Yoshikage's house. Nevertheless, you then followed him out of the room as the aroma grew more, and more. You licked your lips, wondering what he had made.

Making it to the kitchen, your eyes widened at the variety of food that was set in front of you. "This is a lot of food!' You exclaimed, noting how every piece of food wasn't just a pile of cheap ingredients pulled together. Every ingredient was of superior quality, and mixture of each of them mixed beautifully with each other. Yoshikage knowing how to cook was something you didn't know before, but you sure as hell was glad you knew now.