Chapter One

Chapter One (Julian)

*Note: READ THE LOVE TRILOGY (Love Bite, Love Curse, Love Risk) BEFORE READING THIS.

My parents had my entire life road-mapped for me, just like they did with my brother and sister.

Do well in school. Get smart. Know politics, become one with the humans, don't upset the balance of Life. Make sure you graduate early and be the pride of the Grey Clan. Go to a good college and let mommy and daddy pick the perfect husband and or wife for you.

Brush your fangs carefully, don't let anyone drink from your thermos at school, don't bite the humans, play nice, and walk with dignity.

Don't do drugs, don't smoke, don't drink.

Just because vampires can't die doesn't mean we're totally immortal. We can be killed through blood loss, decapitation, or burning.

I was supposed to live up to my older siblings, Amber and Alexander. Amber was pretty and intelligent. She was a high priestess in Lansing, leading a coven of half witches and half vampires called Sunset Rising. She owned her own shop and had her own girlfriend, Mary-Kay, an aura reader.

Alexander was married to the biggest bad ass in the vampire world, Vladimir Van Gothica. He was super smart, graduated from both high school and college with straight As, and now he was working as a professor of theology at one of the major colleges of Michigan.

I had to be just like them, or even better. My job was to make my parents proud to call me their son.

Tsk.

Yeah, right.

As if. What was I? Some kind of fucking doll put on display? No. That may have been their lives, and the lives of my proper, over-pampered parents, but I for one was not going to follow this pathetic tradition. My clan was a disgrace compared to the others.

We were only known for being beautiful, sneaky, and highly intelligent. What the hell kind of crap is that? Definitely not my kind of crowd if you ask me.

No, that wasn't me. I wasn't going to be a pampered purebred puppy for my parents to show off and auction to the first horny beast they found. They tried to do the same thing to my brother, only to find out that he was already marrying the biggest badass of them all. As if that wasn't bad enough, Vladimir's son married my brother's best friend, Markus.

I was left with the small time members of the Gothica clan that my parents were constantly flashing around, cooing and trying to urge me to take a look, but I didn't want to look.

I wasn't going to get married.

And I wasn't going to follow their precious laid out plans.

I'm Julian Alexander Grey.

And I'm gonna be the first Grey to ever get a record for asskicking to the max.

As soon as I decided to get out of bed, that is. I laid there for a good ten minutes after my alarm clock went off and gave it a good whack before it shut off. The sunlight was hidden by my velvet blackout curtains to avoid getting burned to death as a wake up call.

My blonde hair hung in my face before I gave it a gentle blow, letting it slide away before I forced myself to sit up. I yawned, my fangs tingling at the cool air of my room before I rolled over and off the bed, falling to the floor with a heavy thump. If it wasn't so cushioned by laundry, I'd have a bump on my head.

I heaved myself up, scratching at my sharp hipbones before throwing my arms over my head to stretch, yawning again when the door to my bedroom flew open and someone snapped on the light switch. I yelled angrily, clasping my hands over my eyes, hunching over instantly.