Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen (Adam)

Shit, shit, shit!

I jerked at the door handles of the school, pausing to even slam my fist against it, but nothing happened and no one came to let me in. I gritted my teeth as I ran back to Mr. Takahashi's window, peering in to see that it was still empty, everything lying where it was.

Something was wrong.

I could feel it!

Something bad was happening to Julian.

My heart was pounding so hard, it hurt. I ran back to the doors, trying the three in the back before coming around to the side, giving it a hard tug, but they were locked. I cursed loudly, gritting my teeth. I sprinted along the side toward the front to try and get in that way when I pulled up short at the corner.

My eyes widened as my feet felt rooted in place. I watched a man decked out in black like something out of the movie Terminator, with his dark blonde hair slicked back from his face and a pair of cruel blue eyes. And lying limp in his arms like a rag doll was Julian.

My blood boiled as I clenched my fists, gritting my teeth. I almost ran out there, but stopped myself as I watched the man approach a black Hummer that sat parked on the curb. The doors slid open to reveal three heavily armed men, all dressed in black turtlenecks and leather pants.

If I went out, they'd shoot me and then Julian would never be saved.

I forced myself to stay rooted in place as I watched the man climb in with Julian in his arms before the doors slammed shot and the Hummer screeched out of the parking lot. I bolted out from my hiding spot, trying to catch sight of the license plate number that I committed to memory before I ran into the school building.

I finally got in through the front doors and ran into the office, but Miss. Lorenz was missing. I frowned and looked around quickly when I caught sight of something down the short hallway in the back. I moved down the hall, then pulled up short to see Mr. Takahashi lying on the floor in a pool of his own dark red blood.

My eyes widened as I rushed over, kneeling down. I didn't know whether to feel for a pulse or not. Did vampires have pulses? Maybe? Julian had a heartbeat. I reached at his neck, pressing my fingers to feel for a pulse, but there was none. I went for his wrist, holding it between my fingers when I felt a faint throb.

I cursed, throwing off my jacket and folding it up. I turned him over so the gash in his head was against the jacket, slowing the bleeding before I shot to my feet and ran to the phone. A normal person would've called the cops and the hospital, but this was a vampire situation and according to Julian, Mr. Takahashi was a vampire.

So I called the only people I knew.

"Hello, Grey residence, Vanessa Grey speaking." Julian's mother greeted.

"Mrs. Grey, I really don't have time to explain everything and this is really important, but you need to get to the school right now as fast as you can. I have no time to explain anything." I said quickly, pausing as Mrs. Grey made a sound of distress.

"Adam? Wait, what's going on? The school you said?"

"Yes, but you need to get here as soon as possible! And bring your husband, there's a vampire bleeding and I don't know what to do, but I didn't call the cops. You need to get here as soon as possible."

"A-All right, okay, but Adam, Julian--"

"I'll explain once you get here, just get here." I ordered firmly, then hung up and came back to check on Mr. Takahashi. He still laid on the floor, my jacket now soaked heavily with his blood. It also began to trickle gently from between his lips, running down the sides of his face. I ran to the counter, grabbing the roll of paper towels before returning to wipe the blood off his face.