1.07

after school that day, jade and julie rushed home to share the news with ray. they burst through the door excitedly running up to him and hugging him from behind.

"dad!" julie shouts excitedly.

"ahh!" he shouts back jokingly. "you're home!"

"what's all this?" jade asks, raising an eyebrow at the stacks of paper on the counter in front of them.

"ah, just, you know, some stuff on other schools with music programs, and some private lessons stuff." he explains quickly, and the girls grinning happily at each other. "i know it looks like a mess, but dads got this." he assures them and julie pats his back slightly.

"lucky for you, we got back in at our school." she says with a smile and the mans eyes go wide.

"wait, wait what?" he turns to them quickly. "you're not joking me right now?"

"we went down and put on a show with some ghos- getters, uh, go getters." julie stutters out.

"and principal lessa let us back in!" jade finishes excitedly.

"yes!" ray throws the papers up like confetti and grabs both girls for a hug, spinning them around. "yes! you're awesome. i'm so happy for you girls!" he sets them back down, a wide grin on his face. "you are the best!"

the girls chuckle slightly and bend down to help him gather the papers off the ground.

"i got it, i got it." ray says quietly, though the girls keep helping. julie picked up a flyer and read it over.

"the australian school of music?" she questions.

"that's half way around the world?" jade adds and ray shrugs quickly.

"i-i- i was gonna bring you girls home for christmas." he defends and the girls shake their head at him in amusement before heading up stairs. "hey, you guys rock! you're the best!" he calls after them.

"so how are we going to find flynn?" julie asks as the girls reach their room, shutting the door behind her.

"i don't know but i think we should go to the studio." jade pauses by the window to listen. "i hear music."

she knew the boys were out there alone, and they shouldn't be playing without julie or jade around. they knew that.

still, there was part of jade that was just using the music as an excuse to see a certain bright eyed ghost again.

julie rolled her eyes and huffed in annoyance as the girls left their room to head to the studio. the music grew louder in their ears as they approached the studio and julie pulled the door open quickly.

"guys, you aren't supposed to be out here playing alone." she reminds them and reggie and lukes heads turn towards the girls.

"but we're not alone." reggie defends. "because we always have each other." he grins as luke wraps an arm around him.

julie rolled her eyes and walked towards reggies amp to unplug his bass.

"but we had the volume level on one!" luke tells them quickly as jade walks towards his amp.

"but we rocked it on volume ten!" reggie adds, making jade let out an annoyed sigh. "you want us to play it again?" he asks, still smiling. jade stared at the two boys with a blank face as she ripped luke's guitar chord from the amp.

"i really don't think they do." luke whispers to him. "we've actually been waiting for you guys to get home!" luke's smile returns as he bounces excitedly. "okay, so we have some pretty major news to tell you. we had a band meeting earlier and," he points to reggie, who begins a drum roll on his lap. "we want to invite you guys to join sunset curve! and no you're not dreaming!" he finished, looking at the girls expectantly.