1.19

after school on friday, the girls rushed home and ran out to the studio, jade filling up her travel mug with coffee on the way. none of the guys were there, which they expected as they had gone to put their plan in motion.

the studio was deadly silent as they waited, and jade ended up returning to the house for three more cups of coffee in an attempt to calm her nerves. it didn't work.

she was pacing the studio, all the caffeine and adrenaline and nervousness kicking in at the same time. julie watched her from her spot on the couch, bouncing her leg and ringing her hands repeatedly.

after what felt like a thousand years to jade, the boys finally poofed back into the studio, making jade jump slightly and quickly spin to face them as julie hopped up from her spot on the couch.

"oh my gosh! what took you guys so long? did willie do it? did you talk to the promoter? did they watch the video? did they like us? are we playing tonight? can someone answer me? why is no one saying anything?!" the questions came flooding out of jade's mouth and she was unable to stop them, her caffeine ridden brain taking controlling of her mouth at the moment.

"woah that's a lot of question!" reggie says, and all the boys take a moment to try and comprehend what she had just said. "luke, you wanna take this one?" he suggests and luke nods, turning back to the girls.

"take a seat." he instructs and jade nods quickly, her and julie sitting down next to each other on the couch. jade bounced her legs nervously as the boys all crouch in front of them with wide smiles. "it's fine, everything's fine." luke assures them, looking into jade's eyes with a sure look in an attempt to calm her down.

"yeah, you should be getting a call right.. now!" alex points to jade's phone on the table between them, though nothing happens. alex paused for a moment and jade and julie stared at the boys in confusion. "okay, right... now!" he points again and moments later, the phone starts buzzing on the table. "nailed it." he high fives the other boys.

julie and jade jumped slightly in excitement, hugging each other. the boys watched them for a moment until the phone rang again and they pointed to it, reminding the girls they actually need to answer the phone to get the gig.

"right!" jade says, quickly pressing answer and turning the phone to speaker. "hello?" she said, attempting to sound somewhat professional.

"hi, this is tasha from the orpheum in hollywood." the woman over the phone spoke, causing the band to jump up in excitement and start dancing. "is this Jade of J² and the Phantoms?" she continued, making everyone in the room freeze as jade bent down from where she was jumping on the couch beside julie to pick up the phone.

"yes, it is." she says, her heart pounding from excitement. she glanced to luke, who was smiling widely at her.

"are you available to open for us tonight?" she asks, and the group starts dancing again.

"yeah totally!" she exclaims, her and julie hugging together on the small table. "thank you so much!" she hung up the call, grinning as the boys hoisted alex over their heads. "we're doing it!" she throws her hands in the air in celebration.

"we're playing the orpheum baby!" julie shouts excitedly, the two girls high-fiving alex as the boys spun him around.

"i'm swimming!" he announces, moving his arms and legs around, jade and julie laughing happily as the watched the boys be their adorable selves.

~*~

after finding out the good news, the girls had ran into the house in an excited mess to tell ray about their new gig.