The test

A week had passed since the incident with Mizuki and thankfully everything was back to normal... even Natsumi was fine with knowing the truth about the kyuubi and she still had Koen in her life and she was glad about that.

Iruka walked into the room with a smile, his students were now genin so he was obviously happy "Alright class settle down, starting from today you are genin now." He said gaining cheers from the students "And as such you start your shinobi career, there will be a lot of responsibility on your hands so don't think it's easy, this is a difficult job so be prepared." He advised and continued to the teams, team 1-7 are the same "Okay so team nine passed last year team ten is Shikamaru Nara, Choji Akamichi and Ino Yamanaka, your jounin sensei will be Asuma Sarutobi and finally, Koen Senju you will be an apprentice of a jounin sensei named Yamato." Iruka said confusing everyone especially Koen, only him and his sensei, that's not a team.

"Wait why doesn't he have a team?" Kiba Inuzuka asked "Well if you want an answer go ask the hokage." Iruka answered and left the class, the entire class then turned to Koen "What?" "What did you do to become an apprentice?" Sasuke asked irked that they were giving this Senju special treatment.

"How am I supposed to know I just heard it today like the rest of you, I'm not the hokage so don't ask me." Koen replied but Sasuke wasn't having it, he stood up and walked towards Koen and grabbed him by his hoodie "You know and you're not telling us, what did you do." Sasuke demanded and Koen pushed him back "No I don't know you idiot and don't do that again." Koen said and sat down.

"Am I interrupting something?" Asked a brown haired man with a headband that framed his face just like the second hokage did and he wore the standard Konoha shinobi attire along with the jounin vest "No." Koen said as he leaned back in his seat with his arms folded

"Good, I'm looking for Koen Senju." The man known as Yamato said and Koen stood up and walked out with Yamato. A few minutes later they were on the roof "So how about you introduce yourself, your likes and dislikes, dreams for the future." Yamato said.

"My name is Koen Senju, I like hanging out with my family and a certain someone, I dislike rapists and people who look down on others and my dream is to become surpass my great grandfather Hashirama Senju." Koen ended "Bold dream you have there, you'll have to work hard to do that, luckily you have his kekkei genkai so that is a start." Yamato thought "Now meet me tomorrow at training ground 9 and don't be late." With that Yamato vanished in a swirl of leaves "He didn't even tell me about himself." Koen muttered and got up and went home.

The next day

Yamato and Koen stood facing each other "Come at me with all you've got." Was all Yamato said and Koen didn't waste time as he lunged towards his sensei, not holding back at all. Yamato had to admit he was fast for a genin but not fast enough, Koen aimed a high kick for Yamato's head but the man dodged it and went to sweep his standing leg

Koen saw it and quickly put his hands on the ground, lifting both his legs to donkey kick Yamato but the man moved back to evade the hit. Both shinobi jumped back giving each other some space "You're good but you're still hiding something." Yamato said and watched as Koen removed a pair of weights which impressed Yamato but his eyes widened when he saw Koen's speed increase as the boy practically blurred out of sight "As a ninja you should never show all your cards, it could lead to your death." Koen said making Yamato smile a bit "Spoken like the grandson of a sannin." Yamato muttered and blocked Koen's punch aimed at his face.

Yamato nearly winced at the strength of the hit but he kept firm and continued to fight back, he punched Koen in the chest making the boy stumble back a bit before he clenched his fist and poured chakra into it giving it a blue hue, Yamato knew exactly what was coming and Koen punched the ground destroying it and making dust and debris fly everywhere.

"Creating dust to obscure my vision. Smart but not smart enough." Yamato thought as he dodged a wooden pillar sent towards him, he placed his hands in the serpent hand sign "Mokuton: Wooden wall." Yamato said as multiple wooden pillars erupted from the ground creating a wall That blocked the four wooden pillars sent towards him from the dust, as the dust settled the two dashed at each other once again and continued throwing hits and dodging when given the chance.

Once they stopped Koen was breathing heavily while Yamato looked slightly winded "Koen Senju, as of today you are a genin of Konoha."

End

Hey guys sorry for not posting lately I have been dealing with the death of one of my aunts and I was not in the right state of mind and sorry for the short part, I was also struggling with writer's block and I didn't have anything interesting to add. But I'm back and the next part will be a lot better cause now the story really picks up so be ready.

Leave a vote and comment if you like it