15

───── ❝ Quidditch ❞ ─────

Context: around March

"You'll be fine Harry," Hermione reassured him as Cass slipped into her seat on the Slytherin table for breakfast.

She turned around and looked at his back in concern, "What's going on?"

Both Harry and Hermione turned. "He has a bad feeling about Quidditch today," Hermione replied with a slight sigh of annoyance.

"I'm sure it'll be fine," Cass replied, sending him a smile of reassurance that did help loosen the knots in his stomach. Slightly.

"Yeah," he sighed. "I suppose." He turned back around and began eating again, leaving Hermione and Cass looking at each other with equal amounts of confusion and concern. Cass eventually turned around and was met with another problem, a sulky Draco. He had his chin resting in his hand supported by his elbow on the table. It seemed his mind was somewhere else.

"Draco?" she called, waving her hand in front of his face to gather his attention. He hummed, folding his arms in front of him but his gaze was still directed elsewhere. She quickly looked in the same direction - to try and figure out what was going on- when she saw the culprit clear as day. He was staring at Blair, who looked awfully cosy with a brown-haired boy. "Jeez she moves quickly," Cass muttered to herself, not being as quiet as she thought she was.

"You're telling me," Draco sighed.

"You okay? Who even is that anyway... I've never seen him before," she replied, intently glaring at the boy. The hairs on his arms stuck up without even knowing why.

"Theo Nott, our year," he replied with mass amounts of annoyance in his voice. His gaze moved from them onto the food on the table in front of them. "I'll be fine, it's not that big of a deal."

She sighed, knowing he was lying through his teeth. He was a terrible liar. "Draco..."

He abruptly stood and asked. "Ready to go to the match?" He clearly didn't want to talk about it and despite her mind screaming at her, she didn't want to push him. That would have a repercussion that wouldn't end well for either of them.

"Gimme a sec," she smiled before turning around in her seat. She gently poked Harry on the arm and he turned around too, smiling at her. "Good luck today," she grinned and desperately fought the urge to kiss him on the cheek. Cass rose from her seat and followed Draco out of the hall. She could tell his head was working quicker than usual so she tried everything she could to distract him, for example getting into a heavy debate about one of their favourite books or stealing one of the many rings he wore on his fingers. It worked and by the time they were at a decent place in the Slytherin stands, he had a smile on his face.

The rest of the stands soon filled with cheering, chattering students who were all waiting for the match. Crabbe and Goyle soon joined the two of them, pushing some first years out of the way in the process. The opposite stands were an array of blue and silver scarves with other pieces of paraphernalia mixed through. The other was just the same but with red and yellow and the students on that side were far more enthusiastic. Both teams flew out on their broom, circled the pitch twice, then hovered over Madam Hooch as they waited for the game to begin. The balls were released and chaos ensued.

Ravenclaw hadn't scored a point in thirty minutes whereas Gryffindor had scored fifty. Harry had dived for the snitch a few times but it always seemed to get away from him just before he could grab it. The twins had gotten so confident in themselves that they began to muck about on their brooms, throwing their bats in the air then diving to catch them. Cass found watching Fred and George absolutely hilarious, so hilarious that she failed to notice when Harry soared into the sky behind the snitch. "Where'd Harry go?" she asked, having looked around for a few minutes without seeing him.