41

───── ❝ Movie Night  ❞ ─────

After Pomfrey had finally discharged her from the hospital wing. She headed straight to her bedroom to change into an outfit she could actually pick out - I love Fred and all but he cannot pick clothes. She stood in front of the mirror, just in a bra and traced her fingertips across the bruise on her shoulder. She hated the sight reflected back. Even though the healing creams had been applied every day, a dark purple and black bruise still covered the majority of her shoulder. It was a struggle but she immediately covered back up, feeling hideous. She couldn't even do her hair, having to use a spell to brush it through. Shit, makeup. She didn't sleep in the hospital wing so the bags under her eyes looked to swallow up her entire face. She tried to use magic but it just ended up clumpy, streaky and ridiculous looking. And with no Slytherin friends that wore makeup, she felt hopeless. That was until one blonde boy knocked on her bedroom door. "Draco," she asked, in a voice that spoke clearly to him. She wanted something.

"What Cass?" he sighed, stepping into her bedroom.

"Can you do my makeup for me," she asked, pulling a face that she knew he couldn't resist. "Please? I'll walk you through every step."

"Ugh Cass, the things I do for you," he sighed and stood, walking towards her. They sat on her bed across from the mirror and she walked him through every single step. He put it all on carefully, constantly asking if he was pressing too hard or doing something wrong. After the final step, she looked in the mirror. Please don't be bad.

"Draco, this is perfect," she laughed, in complete astonishment.

He raised a brow, "You sure?"

"Are you kidding? This looks better than when I do it." How the hell?  "Thank you."

"Your welcome Cass," he laughed. "Now let's go eat, I'm starving," he stood and dusted himself off. She slipped on her shoes, using a spell to lie the laces, then followed him out. Cass caught up with Draco and they walked down the stairs. She moved out of the way for someone else coming up the stairs, not wanting for them to hit her shoulder but the person just walked straight into her anyway. "Hey! Watch it!" Draco shouted, pushing the person out of the way. She kept walking with a wince, her head spinning as she grit her teeth. "You okay?" he asked, his voice soft and full of concern.

"Perfectly fine," she smiled, keeping her teeth close together. Neither of them said another word as they continued to the great hall. She arrived and the hall was full of chatter, something that she had missed after the week in the hospital wing.

"Hey Cass," they all smiled as she sat down, something which was a rarity with most of those people.

"So, what did I miss?" she asked. Draco practically spat out his drink and everyone else coughed nervously. "What?" she looked at each of them in turn, trying to read their expressions.

"Nothing," Draco said, shooting them all a glare.

"Clearly there's something or you wouldn't have reacted that way," she replied, twirling the knife between her fingers in annoyance. Goyle started up a conversation to change the topic but she wasn't having any of it. She asked Draco again but he just ignored her. "You can ignore me all you want, I'll find out somehow." She continuously nudged his arm, making him more annoyed by the second.

"Cass just stop. It's not important," he snapped.

"Jeez, alright then," she grumbled, looking down to her empty plate. The pain in her shoulder started to radiate across the rest of her body. It hurt to breathe.